Open an AcadDocument

Hello.

Tell me, I have a little problem not common ... In a Word file, there is a plan in "AcadDocument" format. How do you open it? Knowing that I don't have Autocad, of course (it's not funny otherwise!)

Thank you in advance.

Hello

Try with DraftSight, but I don't think it's possible.

And you can try renaming the extension to DWG or DXF before opening with DraftSight too just in case!

You'll have to ask someone with AutoCAD to convert it for you.

2 Likes

Hello

Can you put your file in the post????

1 Like

Indeed, I had thought of Drafsight in the first place... but it's a wasted effort!

We had Autocad at one time. But victims of a few thefts in the company, the PC on which it was installed (and the key that goes with it) flew to other owners:(

So, I was looking for a workaround

@Ac Cobre, I attach it to this message

acaddocument.doc
1 Like

What about TrueView (if it's just to visualize it)?

1 Like

It is to modify it @Stefbeno. But I'll try with it, maybe I can do some hacks

1 Like

If you want you can download autocad and use it during the trial period for 30 days then uninstall it...

1 Like

Otherwise, you can try making a screen print and converting it to DXF or DWG with free sites, for example:

http://www.autotracer.org/fr.html

See the other proposals here (Inkscape is great too):

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/vectoriellisation-d-image-d-esquisse

2 Likes

With Trueview, you can't do much (measure, maybe put an annotation).

If you can open it with Trueview, you should be able to save it detached from the word container. And then open it with the editor of your choice.

1 Like

How do you do it for the detached recording with Trueview? I don't feel like I have that possibility.

For the installation of the trial version, it seemed like a good idea to me... but he gives me a 9 error constantly. So I give up

I don't have it on my machine (nor a word file to test), but with File/Save as or export or convert, I remember that you should be able to achieve something

Well then in the end, I REALLY messed up!

So I opened the file via Autodesk DWG TrueView. Then right-click on the drawing tab and "open file location".

So I end up in the temporary files folder.

I then open DraftSight and ask it to go to this temporary files folder and select the MEP tempo file... all that's left to do is save in DWG Draftsight!

In short, it is possible to get out of it, but you have to tinker ;)

Thank you all for guiding me on the path!

clic_droit_onglet.png
2 Likes

Glad you found the solution with our help ;-)

1 Like

Have you tried as I told you:

If you have your file, you rename to . DWG or . DXF and you open it directly with DraftSight.

@PL: As I said, the plan is directly on Word (insert, object) ... and is therefore independent. I am therefore unable to change the name as you mention it

In fact, when you do this, Word opens directly with the appropriate software as long as it is installed on the PC. If not, you don't have too many workarounds.

That's also why I have to open it in an Autocad viewer, go through the temporary files to retrieve it and then open it with Draftsight and save it

1 Like

Ah, then, when you said:

"So I opened the file via Autodesk DWG TrueView." is this the .doc file?

Yes, by double-clicking on the plan in word, you open your autocad/draftsight/solidworks file, etc

1 Like

Not being able to designate myself as the best answer after the fact (haha, it's okay). I will give the answer here to close the question.

Well then in the end, I REALLY messed up!

So I opened the file via Autodesk DWG TrueView. Then right-click on the drawing tab and "open file location".

So I end up in the temporary files folder.

I then open DraftSight and ask it to go to this temporary files folder and select the MEP tempo file... all that's left to do is save in DWG Draftsight!

In short, it is possible to get out of it, but you have to tinker ;)

Thank you all for guiding me on the path!