Pack and go and drawing

Hello

I want to use the object function on an assembly, these parts, and the drawings of these parts.

On the PJ you can see that he does not take the drawings of the parts.

Do you have an idea? or some other way?

My goal is to be able to make a copy of this set and make variations of some parts. I wanted to change the names of the parts and their drawing before export

Thank you

2021-11-12_10h34_41.png

Hello, on what version! , because the tool proposes to include MEPs,

it is also to say that it is MEP must be either in the same directory, or in a child directory,

(I see that the tool has found a drawing, are you sure it doesn't include it in the pack?, maybe because it's not checked) 

capture_pack.png
4 Likes

Hello

if you have PDM, it's easier to do a pack & go with this tool.

Cdt

Fred

Hello

A link I'm working on the 2021 "3d experience" version.

My drawings are in the same repertoire as the parts

Yes, there is the drawing of the assembly not that of the child parts.

To fred I don't think I have the PDM (I haven't had any use for it until now). I hope I don't have to open another program just to copy parts. Magnificent productivity in this case....

Thank you for your help

Hello

With the 2020 SP 5.0 version when I do: file-pack & go, I do have a checkbox to include drawings.

Fred

Hello @julien655,

This is very similar to a bug on this cloud  version "3d experience".

Maybe make a ticket to your dealer's  hotline to see what they say?

Unless someone else is using this version and has the same PB impossible to confirm where it came from.

In any case on 2020SP5 without the cloud no worries to include MEPs (see attached image)

2sqhqs4iwd.png
3 Likes

@sbadenis I made a ticket because I think of a bug like you

1 Like

Hello, I have the answer and it's unfortunately not a bug!

On the latest Solidworks connect "3d experience" version they have purely and simply removed the possibility of including the drawings of the parts in a pack and go d assembly!

The technician couldn't give me an alternative solution. He was very annoyed himself...

What's the point of copying assemblies if the drawings don't follow anymore?! Zero productivity!

To "bypass" this withdrawal: If you have made a pack and go by changing the name of the parts, once the process is complete,

1. copy and paste drawings that didn't follow up into the new directory.
  2. Change the name of drawings to match the name of the new part
  3. Open the room
  4. Open his drawing (from the room) that he will find (because it is in the same directory and has the new name)
  5. And especially to finish: right click change the model (in the drawing) on all the views! otherwise it still points to the views of the old file!

Dassault pushes hard into the cloud... not one increasing the quality of these new services but one decreasing the quality of the basic software. Magnificent! Is that progress?

I perfectly understand Dassault's strategy of pushing for the Cloud to guarantee revenue, to link Catia and Solidworks, to increase its protection against piracy. It's business, but I don't subscribe to the method of reducing the quality of the software "offline" and then selling an "online" solution with nothing more than what was there before. I'm taken for a fool and this kind of thing makes me leave! even for a solution with less quality! Manipulation is a powerful tool but when it is discovered, you always lose much more than the expected gain! (same thing for Covid by the way!)

Looking forward to it

Julian

1 Like

@julien655: Hello, for information purposes only, what was your interest in switching to the "3D experience"?

@froussel

None 

I was able to take advantage of an interesting offer for a permanent license with "as a bonus" 3D experience for a year that I can stop. I can already see the problems coming at the end of the day...

I can understand the interest in a minimum medium-sized company but for micro SMEs and self-employed people like me, there is no interest