Setting up and/or rules to apply a shape to a joint

Hi all

Currently I use a parameterization table in CATIA to generate O-rings of different dimensions (several hundred). I would now like to be able to use a parameter in my tree with multiple values (Ex: Original shape, Mounted in a groove, Mounted at an angle etc....) in order to modify the shape of the joint so that it is adapted to the type of mechanical assembly.

How can I proceed?

1- I was thinking of making several sketches for the same revolution and then selecting, thanks to the multiple values and a KnowledgeWare rule  , the right sketch... It seems impossible

2 - Make several used sketches and then revolutions corresponding to each shape of joints, then activate the right revolution and deactivate the others

Etc.

Below is an example of possible shapes.

If you have any ideas or an example!

Thank you

Hello, the correct answer is 1

You create your multiple choice parameter and then a curve parameter (this is the parameter that will be switched by the KWA rule)

What version of CATIA are you in?

Sample KWA Rule

if'Ref' =="square"
{
    'Geometric Set.1\Curve.1' ='Geometric Set.1\Square'     
}

if'Ref' =="round"
{
    'Geometric Set.1\Curve.1' ='Geometric Set.1\Round' 
}

Thank you very much for your answer! This solution is very interesting, but unfortunately in my example, I have a joint with a circle and in the other I have 3 segments and 3 arcs of a circle. 

I'm using version 5-6 release 2018

Kind regards.

I made a sketch with a circle and one with a square, I could have made a triangle with a radius per vertex corresponding to your screenshot.

The content of each sketch does not pose a PB.

It's up to you to associate the geometry of each sketch with your  size (diameter of the joint I suppose) managed by the Excel table.

If you import the circle of the original joint sketch (as a building element) into each sketch, it should be quite simple.

chgmnt-esquisse.catpart

Apologies I hadn't looked at the screenshot well!!

I'll adapt this to my drawing next week.

Thank you and very Have a good weekend