Setting up for 1-scale printing on Solidworks

Hello

I want to print plans on a scale of 1 from soliworks, printing an A4 plan works, but when I print an A3 plan, I have a deformation in the direction of the length of 1mm for 300mm. I set up in the drawing to print at 100%, select the right paper size but it still doesn't work.

Is there a way to calibrate the printer elsewhere in solidworks?

Do you have any idea of ^ù could the problem come from?

Thank you for your help

Hello

It's often like that with printers, only plotters are reliable.

A +

VINCE

3 Likes

Agree with @Vince.

You can confirm this by making a Word file, A3 format, with a large rectangle of a very precise size (400x250mm for example, centered) and of low thickness (measurement accuracy). Print this file and measure. You should find the same error.

6 Likes

Hello

Have you tried with the document settings or the system settings?

Maybe a driver problem.

Yes, Benoit's way will allow you to see if it comes from the printer or from Solid.

1 Like

Hello

It seems that tonight a printer problem, the test of the word frame gives me exactly the same defect as Solidworks.

Anthony02, I don't see where to set the print in the system or document settings...

Thank you for your answers

1 Like

As a result, it is not certain that we can correct the longitudinal drift of a printer! It has every chance of being a factory setting!

You can try to go to Start/Devices and printers, then go to your printer (double click), there is in particular "Customize your printer". To see if you have access to advanced settings fixes.

Hello

Obviously the problem comes from the software itself. Even on a plotter, the lengths are not respected.

To be continued...

Hello

No solutions found, The problem comes from the software.

So we have to wait for Solidworks to put something in place....