Solidworks Simulation Parameterization

Hello

I seem to have already seen something about my question, and the problem must be known, but impossible to get my hands on.

Performing calculations via Solidworks Simulation, the default setting of the plotted results (stresses, displacements, etc.) and their options (distorted or undistorted result, unit, etc.) does not suit me... but then really not at all!

How are these options handled by Solidworks and how can they be changed?

Similarly for the editing of the report, how can I change the formatting of the initial report edited by Solidworks?

So far not particularly bothered given the frequency of the calculations done but now it's starting to increase and it bothers me to waste time on these things...

Looking forward to your answers.

Rémi

Hello Rémi

When you have activated the simulation add-in, you click on the "Simulation" menu and then on "Options"

A window opens and you can change many settings.

Especially in the "default option" tab

You can add delete default results, change units, captions... impose mesh constraints, impose a particular solver...

At the bottom in "Report" you can customize the reports to be exported in Word format

3 Likes

Hello

Thank you for this answer to say the least... logic^^

So I set up my simulations as I wanted.

Nevertheless, as far as the report is concerned, I would like to change the entire format of the document. In fact, the idea is to customize it in order to standardize all of our documents (instruction manual, maintenance instructions, etc.) to finally give something coherent to the customer.

Kind regards

Rémi

For the report I don't think it's possible in a direct way:

http://help.solidworks.com/2015/french/SolidWorks/cworks/IDC_HELP_REPORT.htm?id=3ead274a1c744b18b9485c698375d9c9#Pg0

Select a report format. The report formats are tailored to the type of study. It is not possible to add new formats to the list. The available formats are :

• Static Study Format
  • Format of the Frequency Study
  • Buckling Study Format
  • Thermal Study Format
  • Design Study Format
  • Nonlinear Study Format
  • Drop Test Study Format
  • Fatigue Study Format
  • Dynamic Study Format
  • Format of the study of a pressure vessel

The only solution that comes to me would be to publish the solidworks report in Word, then copy/paste in your document template...

1 Like

Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LLul5VHX5w

Otherwise, you have to modify (but having made a copy before!) the file (the name may change depending on the XX version):

simulationreporttemplate_20XX.dotx 

Which can be found here:

C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\Simulation\data\cwreports\

Otherwise, do a Windows search with the terms:

Simulation Template .do

Back from a trip across the Channel that kept me away from SoliWorks, I discover the latest answer from .PL which should, with a little work, allow me to do something about the report.

Thank you for your answers.