Set up an automatic update of the mechanically welded when modifying the "Lib Feat Part" profile. SLDLFP

Hello

It's all pretty much in the title: Is it possible to set up an automatic update of the mechanically welded elements of a file when modifying the "Lib Feat Part" profile? SLDLFP?

Indeed, when a "Lib Feat Part " profile file (. SLDLFP) is modified, it is imperative to edit the "mechanically welded element" function and give it back the modified LFP so that the file is updated. I find it super heavy to do but above all super dangerous!

Maybe it's related to the use on EPDM or it works the same without it?

If anyone has the trick, I'm all for it!

Antho

in general when you create a new profile

and save it in your personal library 

It has its own identity

so no problem on the 3D

See this tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZedPlephfZ4

@+ ;-)

The profile does have its own identity, but what I have a problem with is that if it is modified, all the mechanically welded files using this profile that should be impacted by the modification are not re-edited one by one.

What I would like is for all the associated parts to be updated.

It's logical if I understood correctly

since not the same welded mechanics

It will be necessary to create a macro that opens each welded mechanic having this part to change

and brought them up to date

hoping that there is no interference from constraints

@+ ;-)

I don't find it logical, when you modify a part, all the assemblies containing them are updated when opened, it should be the same with the profiles included in the mechanically welded parts!

Because it is not enough to open the part but to edit the mechanically welded function and go back to get the profile so that the part will be updated... And do it for each of the rooms containing this profile!

Well then questions

What is the name of the profile to be changed?

What is the new profile called?

The 2 have the same one in the case I'm talking about because it's the same profile that is modified (without name change).

Of course, if the name changes, it makes sense that it should be given the right profile.

via the task scheduler this operation can be done if I am not mistaken 

http://help.solidworks.com/2016/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_SOLIDWORKS_Task_Scheduler_Overview.htm?id=4bbf2c3358224317b0952122efbc7d8b#Pg0&ProductType=&ProductName=

http://help.solidworks.com/2016/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/r_task_sched_task_sidebar.htm?id=8254d03a7aad4aa29014ffb3bbbb32bf#Pg0&ProductType=&ProductName=

via Update Files

You need a Pro or Premium license

@+ ;--)

2 Likes

We have a pro license. It is possible to choose a complete folder and a frequency so it could work but the problem is, being on the EPDM, that the files are all extracted so it won't work except to determine where the profile is used and extract all the impacted files...

And I'm not even sure if it works because it's not a simple update that needs to be done but to re-edit the function!

I still don't understand why it wasn't provided in automatic, I'm the only one who is bothered by this?

Update files

You can schedule tasks to update SOLIDWORKS documents. The Update Files task allows you to rebuild the specified documents taking into account the changes that have been made to them since the last rebuild. You can update individual files or all files of a given type in a folder.

so if it rebuilds the documents

in theory it will look for the internal ref of the document 

among others the library refs

it seems to me

To try

@+ ;-)

Precisely, this is where the whole problem lies, opening the mechanically welded file and updating it is not enough when modifying the source profile, you have to re-edit the mechanically welded function and go and search for the profile so that the modification is reflected there.

It would be fine for me if the file was updated when the file was opened and after a rebuild.

Still no solution (if there is one).

Am I the only one who is bothered by this?

For your information, I got unfortunately negative answers:

- Reply to my myCADservices ticket: You are currently obliged to do the update manually, or you can ask us for a service to create a macro.

- Answer to my question at the myCAD seminar yesterday in Nantes (in the presence of Dassault Systèmes and Visiativ) to know if it was under study: Nothing planned on this subject for the moment. That wasn't the philosophy of this module, but it would indeed be interesting.

It calls into question the whole operation that has been put in place at the BE in our country!!

As proposed I wanted to make an improvement request to SolidWorks but the only link found does not work: http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/subscription/Enhancements.htm

Dassault's answer speaks for itself, it's not the philosophy of this module to work like that.

So to set up "operations" on assumptions is necessarily to fall on "dead ends"...

When starting with a software this is unfortunately what we can often see, bad choices of methodology...

After that, all that remains is to reverse the shot, to correct the pull... it is experience that comes in, as they say.

1 Like

Except that when we think about the configurable logics of current software, it seems normal that in the mind we think that the part can be updated with respect to its basic profile if it is modified. This solution was put in place before I arrived and no one was aware of this problem, I noticed it quickly because I was in the same situation in my previous company.

Which solution is then the most optimal when using a bank of profiles (carpentry in my case) if not the welded construction with the help of Lib Feat Part?

Because having a sketch library is much more restrictive to manage (creation, positioning) ...

You have to make the "Lib Feat Part" files as clean as possible from the beginning!

Because we know that not all changes will be retroactive.

Example: Adding missing dots, incorrect description, other properties... And even the location of the files is something to consider!!

All this has been well managed and defined, whether it is the location, the associated properties and the positioning in relation to the coordinate system.

The big black spot lies in the modification of the geometry of the profile which cannot be propagated without manual recovery of all the impacted files!

Let's see if the macro solution can satisfy our need...