Set up an open and closed position (CATIA V5 assembly)

Hello

I would like to know how it is possible to achieve an open position (90° angle for example) and a closed position (0° angle) in an assembly.

I understand that this is done with a Boolean variable but I don't know how to create one.

Thanks in advance!

What software are you on? You may have informed him by publishing your question, but we don't see it.

1 Like

I'm on CATIA V5, I edited the question by the way.

2 Likes

Hello

There are several ways 

1 Create an angle user parameter and associate it with the angular constraint (this implies that the assembly has been constrained.

Advantage you can use the terminals of the parameter or a multiple value selection.

Disadvantage: the variation of the parameter modifies the assembly so be careful with the position with which you create the plane

2 Use the scenes.

It is the ideal solution if you want an open plan, and a closed one.

The Boolean variable is a true/false activation variable, so yes, we can also use this solution.

Duplicate the angular stress one  at 0°, the other at 90° (one active and the other we use the formula NOT (boolean).

same remark as for sol 1 (pay attention to the drawing)

4 Likes

The time to make the captures.

User settings are created from the fx icon

Then we choose the type of parameter from the list.

(Boolean) is the 4th from the top of the list.

3 Likes

Ok thanks for the help, I have my Boolean variable it's good.

On the other hand, it is possible or not to edit a formula of the type:

If variable = true {angle = 90°} else {angle = 0°} endif

I tried but the syntax is not good so I don't know if it's me trying to do something unfeasible or if I just write it badly.

Because otherwise I don't know the syntax to enable or not a constraint based on my boolean variable.

Thanks in any case for the quick answer!

Hello.

There is no need to create conditions for one  (open/closed).

The Boolean parameter creates the condition.

In the assembly, you have to create the angular stress (0°) between the parts, then right-click you inactivate it.

Then we  copy / paste it, we modify the value (90°).

Then icon fx we point to the constraint (90°) in the editor we search (the activity, value column) then add formula.

In the field you just have to point with the mouse and then point in the graph the Boolean users parameter.

We do the same thing on the constraint (0°) but before pointing to the user parameter we type not() we place the mouse between the paratheses. Then we select the user setting.

I'll make a video this afternoon (this is simpler).

2 Likes

Attached is a video (3 different solutions to view open closed).

For formulas you can (OR, AND) etc but not IF and ELSE or ELSEIF.

The KnowledgeWare KWA module must be used.

However, we can create a condition in relation to an allowance and with the operators arrive at what we are looking for. I found a video that I put in tutorial

boolean-user-parameter-true-false-activation-operator

ouvert-ferme.mp4
2 Likes

A last one is direct handling with stop on parcel

manipulation_directe.mp4
2 Likes

Thank you very much, frankly, I don't know what to say, it's great!

Hello

If Franck's answer suits you and I have no doubt about it, thank you for voting for him by validating his answer.

PS: there is a group CATIAV5 you can join

You will find a list of tutorials under catiav5

Thank you in advance and have a good day