No display of my parts

Hello

I have a problem visualizing my parts on solidworks. I don't see them anymore but I can see the shadows of my pieces, they are not hidden, cut, or deleted. They are transparent. Whether it's an existing file, an assembly, a new part. I feel like this is a display function that doesn't work anymore because when I go into simulation and create the mesh, I see my part.

If you have any idea, it can help me find the display of my pieces.

Thank you 

I imagine you turned off and restarted the machine.
Check the Windows update history to see if a graphics driver update has been invited.

3 Likes

If the @stefbeno proposal does not work

Do a system restore at a later date where it worked 

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hello Quentin,

To see if the problem is related to the graphics card or the driver, you can try running SOLIDWORKS in "OpenGL Emulation" mode

Leave sw

Launch SolidWorks RX

On the home page, click on "Launch SOLIDWORKS in Emulate Functions mode"

Cdlt

Alan

rx.png

Does it happen on all the parts?

In what context does this happen? Assembly or part file?

Does a SHIFT + TAB by putting the pointer at the supposed place of the room have an effect?

Wouldn't the volume of the room be hidden?

Hello

thank you for your answers,

I have tried your solutions and the one that works is 

Launch SolidWorks RX

On the home page, click on "Launch SOLIDWORKS in Emulate Functions mode"

Only, my SolidWorks starts to lag a lot when going through this mode. And when I go back to the original software, I end up with the same problem.

The only solution I haven't tried is a system restore. I'll try to do that to see.

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Quentin ARNAUD

Can we know the PC configuration

Proc graphics card RAM solidworks windows

Thank you

@+

1 Like

Hello Quentin,

If SW works in OpenGL Emulation, it is probably because the problem comes from your graphics card driver, or maybe from your card itself

It's normal that it lags in this mode, because you don't use the graphics card anymore. It's a software emulation

As @gt22 specifies, do not hesitate to communicate your PC and software configuration

Cdlt

Alan

1 Like

Hello

I have a hypothesis concerning the invisible parts or bodies.
With a combination of adjustments, it is possible to make a part disappear. (see attached image)

invisble.jpg

Hello

Thank you all for your help, I had to manually update my graphics card by looking for them directly on the official website of my PC. These were not visible via my windows update.

Have a nice day

Kind regards

Quentin