No preview for Solidworks files in the preview pane

Good evening to you.

I have a problem since I changed my PC, I no longer have the visualization of the files before opening them. I can go to the folder settings and do "display" and check "show the icon of files on thumbnails" and uncheck "always show icons never thumbnails", nothing works/.

I have the impression that it's deeper than that. I've seen in other forums interventions in the DOS to make it work, but I can't because it's not exactly as they describe it. So I'm trying my luck with you.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thank you for Vanace.

Lucbirus 

Good evening solutions here 

https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/98798

Good evening

which version are you under and how long has it been since??? I'm under 2015 and it does when you change your version. Now I just opened a folder where I had parts from 2014 and there were the yellow icons then I opened the assembly and re-saved and it became the miniatures.

2 Likes

As sugere @Manu67, if you open the assembly (or part) for the first time and save it, does visualization become possible?

I don't know how it works, but since it's since you changed your PC, it couldn't come from some kind of "cookie" (the therme is not well chosen) that memorizes the last visualization in the software?

See this communication thread on the subject

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/cao/apercu-dans-volet-de-visualisation?page=2

The problem was the same and the walkthrough was found 

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Good evening everyone.

I have followed your links and advice and my problem remains unresolved.

I have, as requested, SW 2015, and I don't have the appercus anymore when I open a file since I installed this version. Before I had the 2016 version, but I had a problem, because I couldn't edit the assemblies to modify them, so I went back to SW 2015. I don't remember if I had the appercus or not.

Another thing, also that I was clarifying for you.

Do you have the appercus when you open a folder under Explorer, while SW is closed?

Or you only have them when you have launched SW and you want to open a file from "open... " ?

Thank you for your support.

Lucbirus

something too, I tried to go through the DOS, as the video explains.

I get to 

"program files", but then impossible to find the path "Solidworks Corp 2015" .. normal?

You note that you had the 2016 version have you converted all your files to SW 2016

because if this is the case

It may be that the SW 2015 version is not the possibility to visualize these parts and assemblies

At home I can't see the visual of a piece if it was created via a later version than mine

which of + is the part you can visualize

is usually on the window viewer in the same way (screen view)

that the last closure of this said room

and no need to open SW to view

but once the file has to be opened by the right SW version and closed again to be able to do so

@+ ;-)

No, these are indeed 2015 files. Anyway, it is impossible to open files from a previous version.

other advice or ideas?

thank you in advance 

Hello. I haven't solved my problem...

No one has any idea anymore?

Thank you in advance.

Lucbirus

I am closing this post because the problem remains unsolved.

1 Like