Pb with smartproperties

Hello

I'm coming to you because I don't understand where I made a mistake 

So my problem is with the display in my drawing of my "MT" property

To have "MT"

the choice is between "Several machines" and "One machine".

If you choose "several machines" in my drawing, it is displayed, on the other hand, if you take "one machine" and choose as you go in the drop-down lists, nothing is displayed.

I put you the "operation to display "MT"

Machine3-4:

IFF($Niveau 5<>""|$Niveau 5|IFF($Niveau 4<>""|$Niveau 4|$Niveau 3))

MT:

IFF($Choix assignment=0|$N° and machine name|$Machine 3-4)

If you need any other explanations, let me know.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Mathieu

sans_1.png
1 Like

34 views and no one who can help me????

2 Likes

It's part of the unknown for me, sorry ;p

Okay, I'm going for it... And it's really so you don't leave yourself alone!

It wouldn't come from the spaces of "N° and name of the machines"

If it doesn't solve your problem, you don't blame me, it's really so that you don't feel alone. ;)

The MyCAD pros will be coming soon...

1 Like

Thanks for the support

Benoit, no, it can't come from the spaces because this property is displayed, it's Machine3-4 which is not displayed.

Is the expression <>" good? It's mostly about the double quotation marks, is it good like in Excel to check an empty box? (empty box I'm talking about the form...)

We agree, I don't know any more than you do at the moment, I'm trying to point you in!

And if you do try IFF($Niveau 5=""|IFF($Niveau 4=""|$Niveau 3|$Niveau 4)|$Niveau 5)

That is to say, to check that the boxes are not filled in but empty.

Well, I don't know either, I started with the same idea as Excel.

Try to do a simpler test like IFF($Niveau 5<>""|GOOD|NOT GOOD) or IFF($Niveau 5=""|GOOD|NOT GOOD)

PS: the synthaxe is probably not good for writing in the variable, it's been a very long time since I've touched SmartProperties!

No none of them work, it must come from the test, I have to figure out how to do the test to know if the property from a drop-down list is empty or not

1 Like

Well, all we have to do is wait for the experts, @coyote, @jmsavoyat, @flegendre,... Particular. The cavalry! ;)

Have you looked in the help?

I juggle between help and the forum, but I can't find what is wrong!

Hello

You don't need a quotation mark so your syntax should be:

IFF($Niveau 5<>|$Niveau 5|IFF($Niveau 4<>|$Niveau 4|$Niveau 3))

@+

2 Likes

So that was it!

I knew you could be counted on@coyote :)

Hello

Thanks for the info coyote but it still doesn't work, I may have another errue in this condition?

IFF($Choix assignment=0|$N° and machine name|$Machine 3-4)

sans_1.png

Re

This second condition does not work, but does the first one, the one I indicated, work?

@+

1 Like

Hello

Coyote:

To answer your question, no, the first one doesn't work.

But I finally found it, with the explanation of an Axemble technician.

Here's the formula that works!!

IFF($Niveau 5<>|$Niveau 5|IFF($Niveau 4<>|$Niveau 4|IFF($Niveau 3<>|$Niveau 3|IFF($Niveau 2<>|$Niveau 2|IFF($Niveau 1<>|$Niveau 1|$Niveau 1)

In fact, the "IFF" function works in a certain way, plus the aid is wrong but it will be done again soon that's what I was told.

So the IFF function, works in the following way, after doing the test, you absolutely need a variable, you can't put another condition "IFF" after the test, to be more precise if this is not the case and for those who know excel: 

Si=(logical test;[ value so true]; [value if false])

FRFI=(condition|$Valeur|IFF....

Thank you for your help!!!

1 Like

Hello

Sorry but I don't understand what changes between your initial question and your answer apart from what I told you, namely to remove the quotation marks to make the "zero value" understood?

I must be missing something but I really don't see what it is?

@+

1 Like

Hello Coyote

Well I'll tell you what you missed, in fact nothing at all, I was the one who got my brushes confused, you're quite right, I'm sorry because you were the one who gave me the right answer, but as I stayed more than an hour with the Axemble technician and we did and redid the formula, I got lost.

Mathieu

Ha it reassures me I thought I was going crazy!!!

@+