DraftSight Boot-Initiated PB on Linux

Hello.

Following an update of my debian linux OS my DraftSight version 2018.2.0.3102 no longer works, close directly at startup.

Here is my configuration:

Modèle cpu : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Linux obelix2 4.18.0-3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.18.20-2 (2018-11-23) x86_64 GNU/Linux
buster/sid
Vidéo : VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GM107GL [Quadro K620]

As for my error message, it is as follows:

openat(AT_FDCWD, "/opt/dassault-systemes/DraftSight/Linux/../Libraries/libpixman-1.so.0", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 87
read(87, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\320\244\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(87, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=677904, ...}) = 0
writev(2, [{iov_base="Inconsistency detected by ld.so:"..., iov_len=33}, {iov_base="../elf/dl-tls.c", iov_len=15}, {iov_base=": ", iov_len=2}, {iov_base="73", iov_len=2}, {iov_base=": ", iov_len=2}, {iov_base="_dl_next_tls_modid", iov_len=18}, {iov_base=": ", iov_len=2}, {iov_base="Assertion `", iov_len=11}, {iov_base="result <= GL(dl_tls_max_dtv_idx)"..., iov_len=36}, {iov_base="' failed!\n", iov_len=10}], 10Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../elf/dl-tls.c: 73: _dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <= GL(dl_tls_max_dtv_idx) + 1' failed!) = 131
exit_group(127)                         = ?
+++ exited with 127 +++

In fact I uninstalled everything, purged everything and redid my install with the new online version "2018.3.0.42.15" but I still have the same problem.

Can you give me some tips to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

I appeal to the administrators of the forum.

Is there a way to get answers when a pb occurs on draftsight on linux or is it vain to hope?

Qq1 does he have on his linux machine the file "dl-tls.c" if yes do you know where it is hidden because in none of my directories .. /tls/ I don't have it, and yet according to my error message there seems to be an error on line 73.

Waiting for qq1 to wake up on this forum ...

Kind regards.

I modify my post rather than recreate a reply which would not bring anything more.

Although this forum does not seem to be very active, I will give you my latest essays.

After multiple readings on the net in English, it seems that there is really a problem with the linux versions and that to date there are very few people at the developer level who are interested in solving the pb.

Anyway, after uninstalling everything, then cleaning everything and redoing a proper installation I was able to get the information window and I got the confirmation by email, but for that I had to launch the application as an "administrator" which on linux is quite original.

Despite this, DS still crashes but with a new error of "Segmentation error" and in syslog this message:

org.gnome.Shell.desktop[1841]: Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x3000005 specified for 0x3000007 (draftsight).

to finish when launching DS in console with the "strace" command we always get the same error message as when updating my system:

openat(AT_FDCWD, "/opt/dassault-systemes/DraftSight/Linux/../Libraries/libpixman-1.so.0", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 86
read(86, "\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\320\244\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 832) = 832
fstat(86, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=677904, ...}) = 0
writev(2, [{iov_base="Inconsistency detected by ld.so:"..., iov_len=33}, {iov_base="../elf/dl-tls.c", iov_len=15}, {iov_base=": ", iov_len=2}, {iov_base="73", iov_len=2}, {iov_base=": ", iov_len=2}, {iov_base="_dl_next_tls_modid", iov_len=18}, {iov_base=": ", iov_len=2}, {iov_base="Assertion `", iov_len=11}, {iov_base="result <= GL(dl_tls_max_dtv_idx)"..., iov_len=36}, {iov_base="' failed!\n", iov_len=10}], 10Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../elf/dl-tls.c: 73: _dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <= GL(dl_tls_max_dtv_idx) + 1' failed!
) = 131
exit_group(127)                         = ?
+++ exited with 127 +++

So if qq1 can help me or get information from the developers, we can dream since it's almost Christmas, I'm still open to any indication.

Thank you again.

Hello

To the remark " Although this forum doesn't seem to be very active " I would tend to answer that there are just probably very few people who use Draftsight on Linux and that in this very few people there is probably only a tiny part of them who are able to help you. We are only users who help each other through this forum but certainly not developers of any software and are not part of a maintenance department either...

Apart from that, it seems to me that the free version of Draftsight is provided without maintenance, that the version for Linux is a beta version and that it is available either for Fedora or for Ubuntu (see HERE), I don't know if there are any differences with Debian and, if so, if it may impact the operation of Draftsight.

Maybe we should go to the official Draftsight community, see HERE.

Sorry I can't help you anymore...

Kind regards

2 Likes

I found the following 2 links but I assume you've already seen them:

- https://www.debian-fr.xyz/viewtopic.php?t=1489#p18799

- http://jc.etiemble.free.fr/abc/index.php/realisations/trucs-astuces/draftsightdeb8

and these are for Draftsight 2018 SP2 and not Draftsight 2018 SP3 !!

Having used Draftsight on Linux about 2 years ago, it worked without problems.

If I think about it, I'll try it out this weekend.

After on a very specific subject, it is not necessarily surprising to have little or no answer!

First of all, thank you both for answering me and sorry for not being responsive, I just saw that I had answers.

That being said, I didn't want to offend anyone with my words but I'm a little panicked because I can't manage with this pb and above all I can't find an answer that could put me on the right track.

As for the two links, yes indeed I had consulted them but they are old versions that are no longer current because all linux beta versions run in principle on 64 bits. In addition, it is not possible to recover the SP2 version since the SP3 version was released and unfortunately I did not keep the SP2 when I downloaded the SP3 version.

What you need to know is that before my DS system update worked perfectly.

I would have to have contact with DS devs but even if we are in Christmas time we shouldn't dream.

As far as the official website is concerned, I have already done a post that does not seem to have been very successful.

Thanks again to you and if by chance you have other leads I remain interested.

I will not fail to give news if I manage to solve my problem it could well be useful to others.