Pb opening assembly

Hello

Recently I've had a problem with a large assembly.

He tells me that a document is open and I have to confirm that I still want to open it so that it continues to load otherwise nothing happens

see PJ

Is there a way to fix this Pb?

Slts

doc5.pdf

Hello

Have you tried to restart Solidworks (sometimes it keeps traces of recently opened documents, and as it doesn't manage its memory very well; personally it has already happened to me, and restarting SW solved the problem)

Hello

Yes but this Pb appeared after the holidays since the post has e=been held and relit several times but without success.

Slts

Hello

When you click yes, the assembly opens correctly without errors?

The components that are inserted into your assembly are not found on the network by chance?

If you check the references of your components, some parts must be inserted from a location in a network drive, and others in a UNC link I think.

2 Likes

Once opened, the assembly opens correctly and indeed some part and assembly have switched to the server

while originally they are placed on my hard drive

so I'll have to reattach these parts and assemble them to my hard drive and not to the network

The easiest way to check the references of your set:

Go to SolidWorks, File, Open, Select Assembly, Click Reference Button, Check File Location to Point to the Right Place

1 Like

Hello

Isn't there a second solidworks

Who is running in the Task Manager?

Personally it happens to me with windows 7 and it creates pb.

This message just means that there are two parts with the same name used in the assembly , but each occurrence points to its own file stored in different locations.

One file can be on one server and another on a local disk, for example, or the files are simply stored in different directories.

You should check that there are no duplicate file names in your working directories.

If you say no, it should set this occurrence to the deleted state in the assembly.

1 Like

Yes indeed, as Pascal says , I think you have to look for duplicates or old versions or clues of a piece.

Thomas

If I answer no, indeed the parts or sub-assemblies do not appear during the reconstruction

How to make all references point to the repeaters corresponding to the files

There are no duplicates

I gave the solution in my answer above:

file/open/select assembly/references and give paths to the server locations...

At worst, give us a screenshot of the dialog box where we see the references so that we can see where your parts are going to point, it's a safe bet that the same component present several times in your assembly will point to two different places or at least in two different paths (that's why I talked about network drive and of UNC link ... we point in the same file but taking different paths)

2 Likes

There must be a duplicate, otherwise the message would not appear.

or this component is present in another assembly that is already open.

A "hack" solution is to replace the component with another one (any one) by checking the "replace all components" option (do not try to correct the constraints).

In the process, redo a replace and get your SMD12454 component (the constraints should correct themselves).

This is equivalent to replacing one component with one that has the same name.

You can redirect the path of a component by editing the assembly references, but I don't know if the component will be in the list.

To edit the references and change the path from the "Open" window, you can follow the steps in the attached image.

Otherwise, when you have opened your assembly, you can go to "File / Search for references" so you will know the location where the components are located.

Kind regards

cherche_reference.jpg
2 Likes

Pb solved

I deleted the recalcitrant files and repointed the path at the time of opening solid