PB on motion

Hello@tous

I don't use it often but in the recent challenge I was faced with a  positioning problem.

Explanation: Let's assume that when creating the movement I have an isometric view but with a zoom out that makes the object a little too small.

I make a simple animation of an engine running: everything works R.A.S.
BUT! If I want to change to a front view and in addition zoom in to crop well this system moron as soon as I start the animation does not put the isometric view back zoomed out. No way to change it. I am forced to recreate another mvt study and it ..........!

How can we change this?

Thank you in advance ;-)

Kind regards

1 Like

Hi @Zozo_mp 

You need to create a virtual course for your camera

from there you will target your target 

See this tutorial among others

https://youtu.be/06sYWgeS-9U

@+;-)

2 Likes

Good evening @gt22 

Thank you! I'm going to look but between us I don't see why I have to use a camera or a camera path.

I'm going to look at my ASM in the light of what you tell me.

To pluche

Your object is fixed other than these wing-beating movements

so if you generate a view via a plane or isometric your view will always be fixed via this plane  

if you generate a camera path via a sketch that can be in 3D

and a move of this said camera with the right options of vision, displacement, zoom and via the exposure or movement times of this said camera you will be able to turn around your object which will continue to flap its wings 

Watch the video and have fun ;-)

@+

Anyway I'll do according to your recommendations ;-)

1 Like

Hello

I can only confirm what gt22 (from Paimpol?) says. It is in your best interest to use a camera view to control the point of view. Otherwise, living in its own world, the motion animator systematically returns to its initial view. For example, it is not because a component is hidden in the model space that it will be hidden for it. He only looks at what is defined by the keys. Obstinately. So you have to create keys at each moment you want something specific (position, color, appearance, disappearance, angle of view...) and define exactly what you want.

I attach a small presentation video made for a course a few years ago* with an evolving camera view (position and zoom).

* Solidworks 2015, since 2018 the motion animator has a big bug on the management of angular constraints

Have a good day to all of you and be well 

presse_ail_complet.mp4
1 Like

@pierre Mihailovic 

not from Paimpol + near Lannion ;-)

I see that you have honored our beautiful region with your Quimper plate ;-)

nice video 

If by chance as an end-of-year gift and to explain the approach of your video can you post the file

A big thank you 

@+ ;-)

Hello @Pierre Mihailovic

Thank you for all these clarifications, I am almost well equipped to solve the problem.

Quite between us, but don't tell anyone, I hate the motion software and especially this key management not at all intuitive, especially when you want to repeat sequences. Very few people manage to use it simply the first time while many software, including music software, use time-lines, and even the millennial generation, doesn't arrive, that's to say.
If you have a book that explains how to use it, I'm interested in the reference to acquire it ;-)

A big thank you for your help ;-)

Kind regards

PS: in the 2020 version there have been important improvements apparently!

1 Like

Lannion, Paimpol, Douarnenez , it doesn't matter, they all have round hats

I'll put you a zip of the file but without explanation I don't know if you'll do much with it. I'm going to put parallel to this thread a tutorial that I made on animation to help my students in confinement and that didn't end up much....

Good evening and Merry Christmas

presse_ail_complet.zip
1 Like

Thank you! Stone

It's like a gift from Santa Claus   ;-)   garlic and parsley keep vampires away but have an effect on Santa Claus and fortunately, if not ouch ouch

Kind regards