Laptop for solidworks

Hello to the community my boss asked me to choose a pc to run solidworks I have and several in mind budget of 1300 Max 

https://fr-store.acer.com/aspire-7-ordinateur-portable-a715-74g-noir-3

https://www.dell.com/fr-fr/work/shop/les-ordinateurs-portables-dell/portable-vostro-15-7590/spd/vostro-15-7590-laptop

I would like your opinion thank you in advance 

None of the 2 selected 

See in the following categories :

for Sw to work pretty much properly 

Mini needs a graphics card certified for solidworks 

A proc cadence of mini 3 GHz

@+

2 Likes

at Dell

by typing from the AMD pro card it costs less 

https://www.dell.com/fr-fr/work/shop/stations-de-travail-certifi%C3%A9es-isv-dell/precision-3540/spd/precision-15-3540-laptop/s026p3540fr

the price can be reduced by lowering the ram to 8GB 

and the processor cadence 4.8 in turbo (but 1.8 in std ....)

but 1300€  is short for a portable station

2 Likes

You would have to know what kind of work you are going to have to do on this machine.
In order of magnitude, a real portable station (screen and graphics card worthy of the name) capable of supporting a strong 3D model, it's more like 2-3k€ that you have to count.

1 Like

I found it as a condition so I don't really understand that nothing is okay thank you for your answers 

Before you install SOLIDWORKS Visualize and SOLIDWORKS Visualize Boost, you must have the following prerequisites for each computer :
  • A SOLIDWORKS Visualize serial number
  • A SOLIDWORKS Visualize Boost serial number
Each computer running SOLIDWORKS Visualize or SOLIDWORKS Visualize Boost must meet the following requirements:
  • Windows® 7 or higher (64-bit )
  • Dual-core processor; quadruple core recommended
  •  8 GB RAM ; 16 GB recommended
  •  2 GB of disk space;  5 GB recommended
  •  2 GB or more of graphics card RAM;  4 GB recommended
  • NVIDIA® graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro®/NVIDIA GeForce®/Tesla™ with at least one NVIDIA Kepler™ chip; Dual GPU configuration with at least NVIDIA Maxwell™ cards for the best experience
  • NVIDIA driver version 385.41 (or later) recommended
  • NVIDIA driver that supports CUDA® 9.0 or later required
  • Connecting HDR Light Studio HDR Light Studio v5.3.3 or later, except v5.4
  •  4 GB or more of video memory required for the Denoiser feature
If non-NVIDIA graphics cards are installed, SOLIDWORKS Visualize defaults to the CPU, not those cards, for GPU acceleration. In addition, NVIDIA cards based on the Fermi™ architecture no longer support GPU acceleration. 

Hello

You can find all the information you need here:

Choosing your CAD workstation

For a laptop, here is the right station and configuration for SOLIDWORKS:

CAD STATION: HP ZBOOK 17"G5 – MOBILE CONFIGURATION

2 Likes

Here is what is recommended at Dell by Dassault on their website, for solidworks2020

https://www.3ds.com/support/hardware-and-software/hardware-and-software-configurations/?woc=%7B%22operating%20system%22%3A%5B%22operating%20system%2Fwindows%2010%2064-bit%22%5D%2C%22manufacturer%22%3A%5B%22manufacturer%2Fdell%22%5D%2C%22releases%22%3A%5B%22releases%2Fv5-6r2020%22%5D%7D&manufacturerch/dell/

Kind regards

Your configs seem a bit tight to me, it depends on what you do with them.

We have Precision 7740, rather around 2000€

i7-9850H, 6 cores, 12 MB cache, 2.6 GHz, up to 4.6 GHz Turbo, 45 W, vPro

16 GB 2 x 8 GB 2,666 MHz non-ECC DDR4 memory 

512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Class 40 SSD

NVIDIA Quadro P2000 4GB RAM

CDLT

2 Likes

Hello

It really depends on the type of parts and assemblies created and handled...

I run with a Dell Latitude 5580 intel core i7 7820HQ at 2.9 Ghz, 16 GB Ram and an integrated intel 630 graphics card ... but I never do surface, I have assemblies of 600 to 800 parts maximum... To spice things up a bit, I work under Epdm and often telecommuting (by VPN) ... And I never have any problems. On the other hand, it is set up with great care...

Kind regards

1 Like

Very simple assembly parts of 50 pieces Max 

have done mobile industrial and port machine improvement