SW Laptop

@neroz

Frankly I have colleagues who have MSIs and who are very satisfied with them.

They opted for a gamer version with a graphics card (gtx 970) which allows them to make quality presentations under edrawing (I did some test and was surprised by the results)

It turns out that a perfect professional station for solidworks is not so perfect for .easm.

Gamer PCs are much better for the presentation of eDrawing files by the fluidity of the images without losing the display of the parts when rotating an assembly with more than 500 parts.

2 Likes

All right

I think that I will go for a professional graphics card and this msi PC: http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00199548.html
I find MSI PCs light and bulky compared to a dell or HP. In addition, the price is more or less the same.

For my vision of things it's a good machine, you have to see if the M2000 is as efficient as a 2100

But otherwise with this type of machine there is really something to work with.

1 Like

Thank you very much Gerald

Hello Neroz

For 480 euros less, it's better to take the best of the best. My workstation doesn't weigh much more.

I looked at your MSI config it's not bad at all, the only flaw with 6 cells you will be limited in

autonomy on SW.

Kind regards

@jjhugueville

I'm like you ;-)

to the study of the 2 pcs my preference is value for money to your DELL 6800

6800 advantage for me 

17 P display

NVidea 3100 graphics card vs  NVidea 2000

proc sup graphics card on the DELL intel HD 4600 vs intel HD 530

so annoying + important graphics memory on the DELL

number of memory sticks possibility to switch to 32 Giga ditto MSI

Number of battery cells

DVD burner drive that can be replaced by a sup hard disk ;-)

Advantage for MSI

better resolution on the MSI 4096 against 3840 but on a 15p you don't see a diff

the weight 1.9 Kg against 3.5 Kg the dell

conso proc 35 w MSI against 47 W the dell

That's my conclusion for me

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Thank you @Gt22 for this comparison it's very interesting

It's true that the Dell is interesting, but the 17-inch and the weight are really an important aspect for me. In addition, the msi has 2 hard disks directly, which the Dell doesn't have.

1 Like

@neroz

I think it's an option, the second hard disk that can be negligible with an external Firewire or Thunderbolt. At worst take a large capacity SSD and split it in half (budget question it's not the best) 

you have today 1T SSD (2 arms an eye) but if we do the ratio between a 10 or 15000 rpm the SSD passes in front  hands down.

it's nice the msi it works very well (displease the detractor) but if it's to do a real big CAD job the Dell will only fit better (personally I prefer it to an hp but that's a clean opinion)

We talk, we talk, but is it necessary to take a Ferrari to drive on country roads?

As I said before, if you have the budget, you can have everything , light and powerful.... but otherwise it's a choice   

3 Likes

Thank you @Gerald,

It's true that there's no point in taking a Ferrari for country roads, but I'd rather take a good PC that will last me 3-4 years and that will still hold up rather than having a PC that will be outdated in 2 years:)
I find that 2000€ excl. VAT is not necessarily much for a work tool that will last at least 3 years, the investment is quickly amortized. This corresponds to my needs, because I regularly make 3D renderings (17 min currently for a rendering with a normal definition I find it huge) and I regularly manipulate SW. After of course I can take the msi of the range above and it costs 2700€ HT, but I don't need it

@gt22

you would be a very good gt22 salesman, small precision we can integrate a second hard drive in the Dell.

Thank you for passing on the info.

2 Likes

In addition @ jjhugueville 

and if I'm not mistaken, via a shopping cart, a 3rd one instead of the burner drive

@+ ;-)

1 Like

@gt22

exact gt22

1 Like

be careful when you see PCIe SSD .... It's not the 2.5 format, it's the PCB board that is very expensive and that is currently limited in capacity. (MSI config)

a 500GB ssd costs around 170€ +/- but a pcie c ssd is 150€ for 128GB

1 Like