3D PDF with Burst

Hi all

I have to make a 3d PDF in SW.

Problem, I want to take my exploded configuration out of SW selects me directly the standard configuration.

If anyone had a trick that goes well...

Thank you!

Hello

I think you have to break up your assembly manually (change the constraints in a copy for example).

Unfortunately it's long and tedious but personally I don't know any other methods.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Hello

For my part, when I record in 3D pdf it takes the active configuration, in standard, exploded etc...

The little minus, one record per state.

I prefer to send the files in edrawing to my clients, with the link to the viewer download. But be careful to deactivate the measure mode just in case.

Thank you all but I can't see myself making my parts one by one given the rather complex assembly ...

And on my side, it doesn't save my current config but the default one :/

I'll wait and see if a miracle solution exists!

Thank you!

Hello

@SEPM. Gerald : how do I get a 3D PDF of the exploded print, I can't do it either.

Thank you in advance

1 Like

@ Coyote

Well I just discovered that under 2013 Premium it doesn't work !!!!!!

As I'm stubborn, I made a hack:

I save my assembly as a part.sldprt by selecting component and not the surfaces, then I do the exploded view again

What I don't understand is that with the 2010 version there was no need to do these manipulations to my memories.

Like José-acesa I have assemblies of more than 1000 parts... So I understand that it can be tricky.

A former colleague had recreated a slot machine together by recording the assemblies in parts.

The big advantage is for the constraints, and it lightens a lot for manipulations of this type.

engrenage_intermediaire_-_bras_gauche.pdf
1 Like

Have you thought about and tested an eDrawing format? by saving the configurations (including of course the exploded configuration)

edrawing has 2 big advantages over the 3D pdf:

- You can move the parts by hand depending on what you want to see in your assembly and "put everything together" with the "Home" icon.

- you can save in ".exe" extension what includes the eDrawing software with the file and the person who links this "exe" does not need any software installation on his PC

and I wonder if there isn't an eDrawing for tablets: to check

1 Like

@ BBARRAND

There is an eDrawing iPad iPhone but I don't know for Android

on the other hand, a 3D pdf is not read on an ipad. 

For edrawings we can be confronted with several problems:

.easm the recipient doesn't know how to install the viewer despite the link we send (we're not laughing because one of my customers is like that)

.html can be opened according to certain conditions of the web browser (compatible version or not etc...)

.exe we end up in spam or directly thrown by the web server of the big groups (at least at St Gobain it doesn't receive emails which are applications)

The 3D pdf remains the easiest format to read on windows, apple, linux. So it's a choice that we don't impose but that facilitates sending and especially receiving....

@SEPM.Gerald

Apparently eDrawing Android exists:

http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/ed/edrawings-mobile.htm

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.solidworks.eDrawingsAndroid

otherwise for the transmission of the exe sometimes by renaming the EXE with another extension or by zipping, or by Mailbigfile (download) you can pass the Web servers