PDM - safe attached - missing information

Hello

one of my users must have done a bad job because it is impossible for him to open the PDM trunk now.

I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the software.

When I want to configure the views - I find the server but it doesn't let me check the box to choose the vault.

It is noted in the "attached" status column; missing information"

how to uninstall PDM properly to redo the config correctly?

thank you in advance

pdm.jpg

I had the same problem with a customer workstation

I uninstalled PDM client  from the programs, modify solidworks installation by unchecking pdm client.

then reinstall PDM Client from the installation sources in the "swpdmclient" folder of the installation DVD.

And creation new local view

http://help.solidworks.com/2017/French/EnterprisePDM/ItemExplorer/t_Vault_View_Creating.htm

Kind regards 

Hello

I have the same problem but uninstalling and reinstalling does not solve this one.

Are there any hidden files, a registry key to delete?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Hello

Indeed I had the support on the phone to correct my problem

We deleted the 3 keys bearing the name of our safe in the registry and then we launched the reinstall of the software.

everything is back to normal. I advise you to call them because the registry is a "sensitive" subject

Cdt

1 Like

Following contact with technical support, the 3 keys to delete are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\Databases\[VAULTNAME]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\Databases\[VAULTNAME]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\ConisioAdmin

Uninstalling the local view is sometimes recalcitrant if it is not the same user who originally created it.

To do this, you have to change the name of the creator of the local view using this tutorial: follow from "Vault is grayed out on Local view Setup"

https://www.inflow-tech.com/blog/2017/11/solidworks-pdm-local-view-basics-and-troubleshooting/