PG drilling for gland

Hello

I would like to screw a PG7 gland into an aluminum block, the problem is that the PG7 hole does not exist in the drilling assistant, I tried to create it in the toolbox but when I want to use it it gives me drilling data not found for the PG7 size.

To add the drilling I copied a standard all disabled and in right tapping I had added, I filled in the size, pitch and diameter.

Do you know if I can telecarve a bookcase with it is piercing somewhere and or how to create my piercing.

Thanks in advance

An alternative would be to create a library function. One per drill size.

This function would actually have an "extruded material removal" function at the drilling diameter and a tapping annotation. In the material removal, put a diameter dimension by changing the text to "PG7".

Hello.

Start, solidworks, solidworks tools, and toolbox parameter

Then drilling wizard, choose the standard, type of tapping

And you will come across a table like the PDF if attached.

Click on add and be careful if you don't want to put a value

In a box you will have to put a space.

That's it should help you.

doc1.pdf
1 Like

oroux1 that's exactly what I did but when I go back to the solidworks drilling assistant and I want to use the thread created it puts me "drilling data not found for the PG7 size"

I think the first time I tried it did the same thing to me.

I forgot to mention that when you add a thread you have to be on thread data.

and you also have to restart solid I think.

The subtlety was there, you have to be in thread data and it works, thank you very much

1 Like

Hello

I'm a little late to answer, but which version of Solidworks are you using?

I'm on the 2012 version and in the drilling wizard in DIN standard and type "tapped hole for sheath", I have the PG7 tap.

sw2012_pg7.jpg
1 Like