Lost hand

Hello @ all

At the bottom of the creation tree there is a blue bar which, if clicked, transforms the cursor into a hand, which allows the blue bar to go up. Then everything below the bar no longer appears in the model.

It works well in a Part but not at all in an ASM.

I don't see or maybe the setting of this thing.
I don't remember who explained to me how to block this bar to lighten the ASM (I don't remember the manipulation)

Brief! need help ;-) Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hi Zozo

The blue bar is the ref where you will manage your tree or resume the creation 

I think it's the (yellow) blocking bar you're talking about

This allows you to open the Parts much faster 

seethis link

https://www.visiativ-solutions.fr/comment-activer-la-barre-de-blocage-solidworks/

@+

1 Like

Hi @gt22 

At home it is blue at the bottom and yellow at the top but that is not important.

I tried the manipulation of the tutorial but rusk it works' po

Someone had told me that I could lighten the component by locking it with the yellow bar but that seems to be something else. It is the blue bar at the bottom that refuses to move.

Kind regards

Hi Zozo_mp,

The blue bar is what is known as the "recovery bar".

Do you have any functions and/or sketches in the tree of your assembly ?

Kind regards

1 Like

The yellow bar is managed at the room level

Once your piece is done, you lower your yellow bar at the bottom so you block your piece 

It allows you to have your whole room but it is only visual so less heavy so + fast

The blue bar is the level of rework of your part or assembly 

The blue bar can never be above the yellow bar to my knowledge

since the yellow one blocks any creation high on it

@+

1 Like

Hi @Zozo_mp,

From memory, I already had the case on a part, it's the file that was buggy (sniff),
Tries can be to reboot/control Q then saved as,

Kind regards

Hi all

@d.Roger: Yes, I do have several functions and even several parts in the ASM. 

@Pierre.S  it does it to me even on other older ASMs. Or even if I create one quickly with two separate coin cubes put in the ASM

@gt22 what I don't understand is that it works at the part level but unusable in an ASM.  The yellow and blue bar work great in room mode.

Probably a matter of parameter but which one???????

Kind regards

A small restoration of the settings ... especially since you probably made a backup of them right after setting them :-)

Kind regards

Daniel

1 Like

Hello

For me, the blue bar in an assembly can only be raised for material removals made directly in the assembly, but from above the parts and other assemblies that compose it.

Have a good day to you

barre_bleue.jpg
2 Likes

Hello 

Blue bar : "Rework bar" -> Put functions in a part or functions in an assembly (material removal, symmetry, repetitions) in a delete state

Yellow Bar : "Blocking Bar" -> Lock functions to avoid errors during modifications, and the functions being locked and not modified, no more rebuilds so time saved, available in the rooms, 

The recovery bar will put in the state of deleting functions, not parts, 

Hoping to have helped you, 

Have a nice day 

5 Likes

Hello @ all

a special thank you to all those who responded and especially for the good differentiation of the vocabulary "Recovery bar and blocking bar".
@ Daniel  the settings ... I'm going to make a backup right away because it's been a lot of pay and pay since I did it! Thank you ;-)

I just realized with the answer of @Rim-b that the function is not active in ASMs (unless there are special conditions).

I don't know why I made a Gordian knot in my head but you have decided ;-)

Thank you @theo.cuadrado for the precision of his answer and the additional information on the functions (material removal, symmetry, repetitions). Alas, we can only choose one answer, but you helped me very well. Come more often to the forum with your good knowledge ;-)

Kind regards

2 Likes