Customizing the Drill Wizard

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.

I'll get to the heart of the matter quickly:

Is it possible to create (like welded construction profiles) custom standards files for the Drilling Wizard, in which I can create my own drill configurations/shapes?

I'll give you a concrete case so that you can follow me:

During a design I decide to go from a " simple " hole to an insert, so I have to remove my drilling, draw a sketch with a hexagon and RE constrain my bolts on it with all the trouble that this represents.
On one hole, it's acceptable, but when you start to exceed 5 or 6 holes... An ordeal :confused:

If I could simply use the drilling wizard to select my standard " custom drilling" > " hexagonal inserts" > " M8 ", not only would I no longer need to trace all that, but there is also a good chance that my constraints would not get lost (I think that on this point I am a little gullible).

I have searched a little in my corner but these standard files seem quite inaccessible.

Any idea? Thank you.

The files are customizable to a lesser extent.
You can change dimensions but not the shape and no addition of new types of drillings.

To change the toolbox parameters:
Then assistance with drilling:
It is usually necessary to copy a standard to customize it later.
So for the hexagonal inserts, for me it's cooked under this assistant, you have to refer to a library function and reconstrain. no other choice.

1 Like

Already for the Hexa insert, it's done, since if you look at what the assistant function does for drilling, it's a removal of material per revolution.

2 Likes

Hello

The easiest way is surely to go through the advanced drillings:

So you can stack pretty much what you want in the order you want and with the dimensions you want:

2 Likes

I had never looked at this function, I'll take a closer look at it...

To place this kind of function, we go through the function library and drag and drop, it's easy to use as a result. But you don't get a piercing table out of it.