Loss on bend in the solidworks sheet metal module: how to unfold without errors?

Hello 

I have just joined a locksmith company that works with a REMO A135 press brake. I would like to create an excel table with the thickness of sheet metal (steel), the Vé, the Ri and the loss at the bend according to the angles.

I found a table with all these values but they don't correspond to the information of our Vés and on the Vés, I am missing the information of loss at the bend, thickness and angles... In short, I have a lot of information that doesn't go together and I don't know what to do with it....

(information table on page 2 :)

05_perte_au_pli_cas_general_p26_58.pdf (cnrsm.fr)

Values of the Vés:

Ve: 63-60°-R5

Vé 50-85°-R4

Vé 35-85°-R3

Ve22-85°-R2.5

Ve16-85°-R2

Ve: 16-30°-R2

Ve10 85°-R0.6

How do you do it? Do you have tables? How did you create them? 

Thank you for your help

The best thing to do is to do tests 

you take 200 mm sheets of different thicknesses that you use 

and you fold with different angles 

and then you will have all the time to control and check the good losses 

Also pay attention to the direction of lamination

each V-machine and blade have their own bend loss value

so test 

@+

PS: but your bender, if he knows his machine well, must know so do the tests with him, it takes a little cam time but in the end everyone will be happy with the result 

good test ;-)

2 Likes

Thank you! The problem is that my folder is as novice as I am... well, it will be formative for both of us!

Hello

For the part, the loss of the envelopes is heavy because each envelope must be filled in with its loss. Example: 1 bend at 135° + 1 at 90° and 1 at 45°; None of them will have the same loss and this is normal. With the K factor, this is calculated automatically. Just "iron" bend tests as @gt22 suggested to deduce it based on the results. In general, it's almost the same ribs for thin thicknesses (up to 5mm)

2 Likes

For our part, a table of loss at the bend of 5° in 5° for each thickness, each Vé and each material.

This value of bend loss comes from the machine (we consider a 50x50 ext angle and we look at the bend loss calculated by the machine for each angle, thickness, material)

And to be sure, we had carried out some tests with several angles and thicknesses to check the accuracy of the calculated bend loss)

Since no more worries you just have to (Amada) rib outdoors as well as in the folding machine and the dimensions are precise.

Disadvantage when you do not bend in stop, it is mandatory to indicate the location of the bend by laser marking.

2 Likes

Hello

attached is an Excel file that I had made with a colleague in the old company where I worked which calculates the Ka factor according to the V and the thickness but to see if it works for you.

calculateur_facteur_k.xls
2 Likes