Loss at the folding table

Hello

I can't get the right settings for the final developed sheet metal bending for realization (k-factor, loss at the bend etc)

Could you help me?

Thank you

Hello

The calculation of the unfolded depends on your tooling.

Depending on the machine you use, the tools and the material to be bent, the calculation is not the same.

In general, I use the K factor.

A concrete example: 15/10th steel sheet, I use a press brake with a V of 16 which has a bending radius of 2.6mm. I set my K-factor to 0.4 and that's it.

The K-factor is calculated according to the ratio between the bending radius and the thickness.

Inner Radius Folding/Sheet Metal Thickness

If about 1 -> K Factor = 0.33

If approximately equal to 2 -> K Factor = 0.4 (2/5)

If approximately equal to 3 -> K Factor = 0.5

And for crushed folds, I set the K Factor to 0.5

8 Likes

The most accurate is undoubtedly the loss at the fold to be entered in an excel table.

But it is also the longest to set up. (you have to check on the calculator the loss at the bend for each thickness as a function of the angle and the Vé)

See this topic for example template and folding table.

EDIT:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/perte-au-pli-et-facteur-k-avec-une-plieuse-cn-amada#answer-549827

1 Like

Is there a tutorial to better understand how to make a folding template table?

Sorry I forgot the link in my previous post so I just corrected it.

So for the template table you have an example in the link and you have to fill in the thickness of sheet metal used at your home and fill in the bending radii by thickness (the radius is always linked to the vee used by thickness).