Loss of the menu in draftsight/ubuntu

Hello

As mentioned in the title, this morning I only had the drawing window left. I managed to put back the command line as well as the properties, but everything that is menu (file, settings, tools etc...) as well as the line where the layers, selection tools etc appear, impossible to put back.

When I right-click in the box I check toolbar, but nothing is displayed. And in the system options, I tried everything I could but nothing comes back.

I put a screenshot to be + clear.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

capture_du_2016-02-25_134719.png

Hello

Have you tried to reinstall Draftsight by removing the package, and re-extract it? 

Hello

Try closing DraftSight, then renaming the folder:

C:/Users/ WINDOWS PROFILE NAME /AppData/Roaming/Draftsight

Edit: this was of course the way for Windows, and for Ubuntu, the folder is  :

home/.config/draftsight/

Hello

If at the bottom of the commands window you "the "Start" palette is closed" by open?

I think I have the solution:

• This issue occurs mostly when you create new UI profile or Change some customization in DraftSight.
  • At this condition as you are not able to Go from Tools Menu > Customize, Run CUSTOMIZE command from Command Line. If command line is not visible then press CTRL+9

See image here

Now In Customize window> UI Profiles > Expand UI profiles and Check which UI Profile is active . If any profile other than 'Classic Default' is active then Activate 'Classic Default profile' If any Case Classic default is not showing, then you can Add new Workspace then Expand Menu bar section below it. Click on tab 'Show menu explorer' next to Menu bar column. Here you will see List of all Default Menu items in DraftSight . Select one by one and Drag it to Menu bar Column Cell.

Thank you for all these answers.

So, in the order.

I first uninstalled and redownloaded Draftsight, but no changes.

To rename the folder, I don't know where to go, I keep looking.

The "open" or "closed" start palette, it doesn't solve anything, it's just what appears before the properties window.

Finally, Bart, The problem is that when I click on show menu explorer, I don't have any list of proposals displayed.

That's it for now...

After uninstalling, have you deleted all folders and done a system cleanup?

I just found something. Press CTRL+0...

If the drop-down menu remains empty, you should try this:

"6. Dialog box not Pop up (New, Open, Save, Export, etc)

• If some of the dialog boxes like New, Open, Save or Export are not pop up or if Command dialog box options shows in Command line then Run Command: DISPLAYDIALOGS if Default option is set to NO then Change it to Yes."

Source: http://www.cadoasis.com/dst_troubleshooting/

Manu 67, after uninstalling by the software library, there are still the files because I don't own them. I tried an apt-get purge but I didn't know how to find the package name. I'm trying to reinstall again, but I think it's more of a simple thing that escapes me.

And do a disk cleanup by windows then a ccleaner to purge the registries and clean up via ccleaner...

I'm not on windows Manu... But I continue my research!

Bart, the displaydialogs was of course YES. I checked everything again, I don't think there's a solution. I just lost a day of work, I just have to go hunting for the new Ubuntu compatible software...

Excuse me you had marked it in the title, but a question?

Has it already worked or is this the 1st install???

I've had draftsight for a while and it was fine, it's just that suddenly it disappeared (following a bad shutdown of the software I guess).

As I said, just delete the folder:

home/.config/draftsight/

The file is locked. The software is free but not free. I can't delete it or move it.