Loss of part type when opening solidworks

Hello Community,

I am having a problem in my new company, indeed when opening the solidworks files loses the type of part entered before.
We have a properties form with different types of parts.

Except when you open the files from one computer to another, you have to keep going back to the rooms to specify the type.

Example: on my screenshot, the blue room to was previously filled in by my colleague as a type room on plan...

Does anyone know where this can come from please?

Thank you in advance

Hello

A classic: do you have the writing on the part when you make the modification in the assembly??

Depending on your SW settings (and if you have EPDM especially), it is possible that you will make modifications to a part that you cannot save.

2 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

When I change the part type and save, solidworks keeps it in memory, but we have this problem as soon as we share the files.

Could it be due to the fact that we are not exactly the same property file?

Hello;

Yes, it is essential to have the same property edit file, or, failing that, to check the typography of your data (the texts must be strictly identical).
A "Type_de_Piéces" property is different from a "Parts type" property and a "Fasteners" value is different from a "Fasteners" (uppercase) property.
This is especially true when you use the "option buttons" (or checkboxes), the values of your properties will have to be identical too (watch out for spaces and accents....).

.... to make sure that your properties are backed up with your files, look in the Property Summary...

I am pretty sure you will find them there. (do the test with your collaborators and check your typographies....)

Note: on your screenshot you edit the properties of a part in an assembly .... Are you sure you're working with the right property mask? (Assembly versus parts).

Kind regards.

1 Like