Can we change the density of an assigned material just for one part?

Can we change the density of a material, without changing the material library?

So, I have pieces to make with a complex material (its description is not just a nuance, it's almost a sentence), and I don't want, can't, create a material specific to this part. On the one hand, there is little chance of being reused as is, and on the other hand, its description will never fit in the cartridge.

So I was planning to create a "see material detail" kind of material, but I discover that when a material is assigned, you can't change its density. Which seems logical, but bothers me. I also can't leave the part without material, the EPDM will prevent me from validating it.

So before going to touch the EPDM or other, can we change the density despite the assignment of a material?

I'm on SW13.

Thank you in advance.

Hello

I advise you to create a custom material with density because doing so may affect your other designs.

rom's

4 Likes

Hello

Maybe with an equation: matter of all the parts x coef

But it's tricky to do different with the same!

2 Likes

You can force:

in the mass properties, (under SW14) there is a "replace ground properties" button.

It has existed for a few versions, only the access is different.

Amha, you create a "see note" material with a phony default density (which gives an aberrant mass to attract attention), in the room you force the density.

2 Likes

Copy the material in question, and save it as personal materials under a new name. =)

2 Likes

Hi @ Benoit

For me the one and only viable way is to create a personal  material with the appropriate density

@+ ;-))

3 Likes

Benoit made it clear that he could not create another material

3 Likes

@ Tomalam yes yes I read that right but............ I answer that anyway.

to avoid any problems later on

I don't think that a specific line of materials is additional

Even if the name is long, disturbs his library

The definition of the name can also be reduced (the initials product, or code)

That's what I think but I could be wrong

@+ ;-))

2 Likes

Yes...

So no way to change the density of a material just on a part :/

Of course, creating the material is most likely, but the designation cannot be shortened.

@stefbeno, if I do that, I have to readjust the mass when changing geometry :/, putting an exuberant mass doesn't suit me either, I just have to know the weight as accurately as possible.

I was counting on you to find the detail that escaped me and change this density;(

:)

1 Like

Which material should be modified?

He doesn't exist in the Sw list?

No, it's not in the manual! :)

It is a textile made up of several layers.

As a ref of materials you put the customer code among other things

or multi-(layer) fabric from bidule ;-D..........; -D

that way you won't be wrong ;-))

@+ ;-))

1 Like

An idea that I haven't tested:

using a formula to calculate mass and assign it?

I may say something stupid but can't you get what you want by linking a custom property to your room?

rom's