Can we manage the sketch texts with excel to make different configurations

Good evening

You know your request is not very explicit ;-)         ! I suggest that you complete your wait a little.

What does or does not understand because it is ambiguous

Sketch text : makes me think that:

1. You want the sketches to have a particular name generated by Excel then I don't see how it would be possible even with a macro :s
  2.  or you have text like engraving or removal of material from a text in CNC or laser cutting. In which case you would be better off generating blocks of each of the texts and easily inserting them into the sketches that go well.
    The block is an independent object that you insert or want like a screw or something like that.
    On the other hand, the management of the block references requires rigor because at the slightest modification it will have repercussions in the old parts that you will reopen. Unless you cut the dynamic link to avoid update problems, in this case my colleagues will tell you how to do it.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello
You have to go through a custom property: XL (family table) handles the value of the PP, the sketch text calls the PP via $PRPSHEET:"PP name".

2 Likes

Hello
You have to go through a custom property: XL (family table) handles the value of the PP, the sketch text calls the PP via $PRPSHEET:"PP name".

2 Likes

Thank you @stefbeno 

Hello

This topic has already been discussed recently : https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/conception-3d/marquage-pieces?page=0#answer-1188058
Here is an example of a SW2021 file:

Kind regards.

piece_avec_texte.sldprt
2 Likes