Can I make a basemap uneditable once printed as a PDF?

Hello

I would have liked to know if anyone knew how to block a basemap to avoid the deletion of the inserted images (by inkscape for example) once printed in PDF?

I don't know if my question is precise enough...

Thank you in advance.

A basemap or a drawing? The base plan is the blank document in A4, A3, A2 that is used to make each drawing made for each part or assembly.

I am looking to block the basemap and not a drawing, I want to avoid that my basemap can be deleted once the drawing is printed in PDF. Basically, I'm looking for a solution to replace the images in my background that are removable with non-removable images...

Hello 

I think the only solution is to protect the whole document via acrobat.

Under CATIA you can save in jpg format (image) by doing this you protect the map because it is no longer editable but you also lose the vector side (the quality of the Zoom).

1 Like

Thank you for your answer,

I actually think the same thing, only the free version is accessible to my company unfortunately. I'm going to test at home tonight if acrobat protection will do the trick.

Indeed, under solidworks too, the jpeg or png format, but the vector side on an A3 file is simply impossible to read.

By saving the pdf with a virtual printer such as PDF Creator, it seems to me that you can put a password and lock certain functions.

For the jpeg export, see the options and set the resolution to 300 or even 600dpi. But removing a logo from a jpeg is even easier than elsewhere...

1 Like

No, the DC pro version is required to protect a PDF.

Well seen the resolution for the jpeg, at least for my part the removal of the background plan is no longer possible in JPEG, all the drawing is deleted, that's what I'm looking for. Thank you@stefbeno