A part that updates to its previous version

Hello

After re-opening my assembly on solidworks 2022, I noticed that it updates to a previous version while it shows me the correct latest version just before "rebuilding".
Is it possible to find my up-to-date part somewhere or do I have to start over?
I specify that the part in question does not have its own file, only an assembly file whose registration date corresponds to my last modifications.

If anyone has a solution, it would help me a lot!! Thank you

Hello

Look in tool==>options==>backup/recovery if you have them enabled and where they are stored if enabled.

Another solution if the part is read-only on the hard disk, if you have modified it and saved the assembly the assembly preview is updated but as soon as you open it as the part has not been saved after modification the assembly returns to the original and there is no possibility to recover it as before. (unless there is a possible backup)
On the other hand, if the part is saved in the assembly, there is no reason why it should not follow the assembly (unless you have a subassembly that is always read-only and includes this part)
I guess you don't have the PDM.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, finally I had started from scratch my piece because there was no other solution in the emergency. If it happens again, I'll try it.

@y.baron

Can you close the topic STP by choosing an answer :grinning:

Kind regards