Sprocket set on catia VR21

Hello

I am new to this forum. The goal of my project is to make a sprocket driven by an excel file. I carried out this project on my computer . It turns out that I wanted to open this file on another computer  but some functions are not updated (I have attached the corresponding error messages to you).  I would like to know how to update them?

Kind regards

Ps: I am willing to give you more information .  

pignon_parametre.pdf
1 Like

See this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlZE6m4wokg

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hello

Indeed, this is a warning message from CATIA.

The only causes and effects that can cause opening on another computer to cause an update PB:

• This is because the CATIA file does not see the correct Excel file.
  • The version of CATIA on the new computer is more recent (it would be a lack of skin to have created the file on an earlier version where the higher version corrects a PB requiring an update of the file).

Otherwise it's because the PB already existed.

2 Likes

If the PB does not exist on the other computer.

We will have to look at the Environment and Catsetings.

If it exists , you will have to tell us more, or even make available the file and the sequence that causes the update.

@+1 gt22

There are also files already set up on the Net.

Edit: have a good weekend.

2 Likes

It turns out that the version of catia is the same on the other computer, i.e. the V5R21 version. 

I am currently in engineering school. It turns out that I carried out my project on my computer and it was when I wanted to open my project on the computers of my establishment that this problem appeared. 

I attach the catia file as well as the associated excel file.

tabledepilotagedupignon.zip

And is excel the same version on the 2 PCs?

if you have the same version of catia and excel on each PC

it should work without problem

Check each version

@+

1 Like

I actually use a different version of Excel. Do you think this is the cause of my problem? 

1 Like

If this is the reason for my problem,  is there a solution? 

1 Like

so if I'm not mistaken,

Your personal version of Excel is superior to your engineering school version to check

otherwise if it was the other way around you could have seen the excel file at school

On the other hand, an excel file created at school, you should be able to open it in your personal version

See this link

https://support.office.com/fr-fr/article/Utiliser-Excel-avec-des-versions-ant%C3%A9rieures-d-Excel-2fd9ffcb-6fce-485b-85af-fecfd651a5ac

@+ ;-)

My institution's Excel version is newer than the version I have on my computer.  

Okay, I'll look on the links you sent me.  

1 Like

Hello

The PB doesn't come from Excel in my opinion although (the .xlsx) I prefer to stay in .xls.

Before being opened, it is already in default, it can be seen on Windows without opening the file, the thumbnail showing the pinion in red (update default color in CATIA).

In video, the sequence to reconnect the lost references of Fills 1 and 2

mise-a-jour.mp4
1 Like