Block/shape tool control by part family

Hello

I have a sheet metal type part that is made by stamping on a press. I want to represent all the possible holes (about 100 different machinings) knowing that I can have several holes on the same part and several positions.

Rather than creating parts one by one (several hundred references), I want to control the different shape tools possible with a family of parts. However, I cannot enter my shape tool in the part family (only manually with " Replace tool " in the function).

I also tried with sketch blocks but same problem, I can't replace them easily via a part family.

Thank you in advance for your help

Hello c.lardière,
And welcome to the community, hoping that you will quickly find the answer to your question.
So here's what I offer you about it that is not simple but achievable =>Configurations with Part Family - 2023 - SOLIDWORKS Help
Good luck.
@+.
AR.

I don't think the shape tool selection is possible per setup.
Maybe other solutions to offer you if you put a screenshot of 2-3 different configurations to see the possibilities for your use.
EDIT:
Otherwise if not too many different shape tools one function per shape tool and you control the state of the deleted function or not. If 100 tools of shapes, on the other hand it will be impossible to manage and we will surely have to consider another solution.

1 Like

Here are some examples of configurations:

I have a good hundred different tools and 3 possible positions for these tools

I would have liked to have been able to create a sketch by calling a block and replace the block in question via the part family but I don't think it's possible

1 Like