Scale management

Hello

Is it possible to control the factor of a scale function like any other parameter, sketch , function  or assembly dimension? The scale parameter does not appear to exist in the SolidWorks database. I expected to find something like D1@Echelle1 but apparently it's not. By listing the parameters of my part, for example by creating a family of parts, all of them appear except this scale factor. It's very, annoying.

I'm on SW 2019 SP5

Thank you very much for your help and have a good day to all of you

Hello

In 2020 I can't find it either, :-(

When you try the configuration on the ladder function it only offers deletion, so in my opinion not possible. (SW2020)

1 Like

Hello

If you are making a room family, you should be able to put a formula with a coef to change the scale on all your dimensions.

Well, it seems to me

Yes, you can change the scale.

By making 2 configurations, we edit the scale function.  We change the scale factor by specifying the affected configuration.

A part family is created, and the parameter appears.

EDIT: ah well no. The parameter goes back to empty when you open the part family again!!  

Good evening

Indeed the solution proposed by ac cobra 427 could be a last resort. But it's very heavy, especially since my next step was to couple this factor to make a video.... I would need a vitamin supplement for my SW.

So your quick answers, for which I thank you, only confirm what I feared. After the covid pb will be solved we will have to tackle the SW bugs.