Controlling the dimensions of a part in an assembly table

Hello everyone, 

Today I would like to know if anyone has an idea to be able to control the dimensions of the parts that make up an assembly, in an excel table.

The goal is not to create 36 different configurations with standard assembly sizes. The goal is to be able to create assemblies on a case-by-case basis with variable lengths and therefore to use equations and other Excel functions.

To start with, I would like to know if I can control the dimensions of a part in a family of parts in an assembly?

Thank you and see you soon;)

I think you're talking about the "parameterization" type of rating as we do in parametric programming in the F.A.O. 

Hello

Yes, it is possible to use the dimensions of the parts in an assembly and to control them in a family of parts.

Ideally, to make parameterized dimensions variable "on the fly", I advise you to use the parts families coupled with the "Configuration Manager" function. So you will be able to fill in the values of the dimensions entered in this table on the fly when using your set and thus obtain the desired set size.

Otherwise simpler at first, declare Global Variables in the table of equations and use them to control your odds.

Here are a few ideas...

@+

3 Likes

Hello

I found this file (and it works!), it's not too complicated to get to grips with: I think it could be useful to a lot of people.

It uses APIs.

http://www.leguide3d.com/profiles/blogs/piloter-un-modele-3d-au-travers-d-excel

Thank you anyway and see you soon;)

2 Likes

Hello

I don't work with Solidworks but with Inventor.

And I think the software should be approximately similar.

For my part, I constantly use parts linked to excel sheets that update according to the configuration of these sheets.

When creating the sketches, I link the excel sheet or sheets to my part and then instead value the I but the variables of the sheets.

Then all this updates when saving the sheets.

I draw stairs and for this I use excel sheets that can go up to 2000 variables and more than 15 tabs for calculations.

If it helps.

Kind regards

1 Like

The problem for me now is to save the model with the values I put in Excel, to then start a MEP