Driving the position of a point in a 3D sketch

Hi all

I try to control the position of a point in a 3D sketch via the equation manager. It is possible to attach it to construction lines aligned on the axes, but it is no longer possible to give a null value of type X=0.

Thank you in advance for your ideas!

MS.

To drive a point in a 3D sketch

you need 3 ref: X; Y; Z

@+

1 Like

Hello gt22,

Thank you for your answer. I suspect that it takes 3 references to define the position of this point. The question is how to define these 3 coordinates so that they can be driven via the equation manager?

Thank you!

Good evening @MhG 

A similar problem was dealt with recently!
I don't know if this corresponds quite to your request ;-)    

https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/import-export-formats-neutres/coordonn%C3%A9es-x-y-z-dans-un-tableau

Kind regards

Hello!

Have you tried to place 3 sides between the origin and your point? You align them according to the 3 axes and then you will be able to retrieve your 3 dimensions in equations and set them to 0 if necessary. 

a+

Hello @Zozo_mp,

Thank you for your answer, it's useful, but it's not what I want to do...

Hello @Rpicard, I had thought about it. It will work, but I would like to do a "piloting" in +/- in order to place my point as much to the right as to the left of the origin. But on the other hand it made me think that I could maybe do this by applying a general "offset" to my sketch, which would allow me to do +/- with still positive dimensions. It should work, but it's not very "elegant" I think.

There is no way to give XYZ odds for a point (relative to the origin)? In the properties manager point, 3 fields are accessible under "control vertex settings". It is possible to give values in these fields to place the point, but it is not possible to replace these values with variables (from what I could see for myself). Is there a solution to do the same thing but by a different means?

Thank you very much!

propmanagpoint.png

First of all, SW doesn't handle negative values so there's no question of doing +/- in absolutes.

To set the parameters, I would make a construction sketch (one line per axis) with a dimension for each piece:

Of course, if you have a lot of points to manage, it will take a bit of time to set up.

3 Likes

Hello
Proposal to synthesize the last two contributions: build 3 planes defining an ancillary coordinate system deduced from the basic coordinate system (Face, Top, Right planes) by 3 "translational" shifts decX, decY and decZ, defined as global variables.
All you have to do is dimension the point with respect to the planes of the ancillary coordinate system, giving its coordinates the values X+decX, Y+decY and Z+decZ. By choosing suitable values for the decX, decY, and decZ offsets, these modified coordinates will always be positive.
Advantage:
- systematic dimensioning mode, such as Cartesian coordinates;
- If the initial coordinates are derived from equations, simply add the offsets to the equation.
Disadvantage:
This solution is not suitable for any other method of registration (cylindrical, spherical, etc.). Although...
MB

5 Likes

Hi all 

Special thanks to @m.blt @Rpicard for their answers. I finally made my 3D sketch by introducing offsets in order to be able to drive in +/-.

Have a great day everyone!

MS