Side plan on 3DVIA COMPOSER

Hello, I wanted to know if it was possible to make dimensioned drawing views in 3DVIA COMPOSER.

Adding dimensions adds lines that spoil the quality of the view

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

For me, this is not at all the purpose of Composer, which is a technical communication tool and not a design tool. There are no dimensioning tools in Composer, only measurement tools.

I think that a good drawing can only be done by a CAD software!

Waiting for other opinions;)

@+

2 Likes
I am in the case of communication because I want to make an illustration for a catalog but I need to put the dimensions of my product. Maybe by asking the question differently: what is the best way to make a high quality image from solid or 3dvia?

Hello

Ok that's different, I think that by playing with the properties of the measurements we can get a very satisfactory result.

Do you have an example to understand what is wrong with you?

@+

composer_avec_mesures.jpg

Thank you Coyote

Here is an example. The small vertical lines appeared with the quotation.

I also try to put the value I want but it doesn't work (I would like to remove the decimal and round to a given value).

exemple_cotation.jpg

Hello

The decimals are adjustable in the document properties under Units.

I don't understand the problem of vertical strokes?

@+

Here is the same image without the quotation. On the first image we see dotted lines that are due to the rating

exemple_cotation_2.jpg

Oh yes weird,

What settings do you use to generate the image?

Are these dotted lines visible in Composer or only when generating the image?

@+

Ok I reproduced, I'm looking to see if I find a solution!

composer_trait_pointille.jpg

Hello

I can't find any solution on my side, if anyone has one we're takers!

@+

While waiting for a concrete answer, isn't it possible to use the illustrations on GIMP or equivalent to "erase" these features?

I know, it's not a long-term solution but it can help out in the meantime...

Good luck

Same problem at home, and without any solution found for the moment... :-(

Yes, of course, you can remove the dotted lines on Gimp or PhotoShop, but hey.....

Yves

I confirm I have also looked at the issue for a long time and currently no solution to remove the dotted lines of the construction trits under 3dvia

ok thank you all for your answers.