Simplified layout

I want to send a plan of my machine to my client so that he can implement it in his overall plan. So he doesn't need all the details and I don't want him to know them. In what format (as light as possible to send it by email) I have to convert my drawing or is there a function to make it. My client also has SOLIDWORKS. Thank you for your help

Hello

Several possible solutions:

1. Save your set as a part file  with only the outer faces: heavy for your customer in file size
  2. Use the feature function to create a "solid" assembly, i.e. fill the entire inside of your machine with material: a function that can be long to calculate but better to send to the customer.

@+

4 Likes

Hello

You can use the defeature tool to simplify your machine and keep only the data that is important to your customer. Then, if the file is still too big to send by email, I personally convert it to Parasolid or Step.

2 Likes

Hello

You can register your assembly in .part:

- By checking the "outer faces only" option (Check carefully, faces or components may be lost if it is a large assembly)

- By checking the "external components only" option (heavier, it will have more details possibly recoverable via bodies - but you can remove sensitive bodies before sending-

In any case, if you want to send him a plan. Slddrw and that he can open it, you will have to put a 3D with it.

Another option would be to send him the view(s) he is interested in dxf that he could implement in his overall plan as a block: Less risk in terms of confidentiality, lighter to send.

Have a nice day

1 Like

Hello

If your customer to Solidworks only sends him the file of the set in which you will have made a speedpak with the faces necessary for its implementation. It will have the envelope of your set and that's it.

For some time now, in our sets we have been making simplified configurations (removal of internal components, screws, small components), we make a speedpak of this configuration which means that when we send our files to a customer he does not have the details of the whole but only the envelope.

http://help.solidworks.com/2015/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_SpeedPak_OH.htm

4 Likes