Shot through an axis

Hello

I would like to make a groove to receive an O-ring on this part. To do this, I think I have to create a plane on the axis of the hole, to make the sketch, but I can't do it.

When I want to create this plane, I select the axis and then reference geometry and plane, so I have the axis as a first reference but then I pedal...

Can you give me a hand?

Thank you

diiity

capture.jpg

Hello

create a sketch on the top of your piece and then in it you put a dot on the int or ext edge  (then if you move it, you can constrain it on one of the quarters of the diameter)  of the diameter; or a line that starts from the middle (where you already have your axis towards the outside of your piece and you can also constrain in the same way as the point). Once done, you can create your plan by first selecting your axis and then the sketch you just created and then it will work. Unless you already have shots in your room, then you will have to shift it to the axis you have in the middle of the room...

1 Like

ALTI TECH tools allow you to automatically groove the circlips;

See the tutorial: 

http://tutoriel.solidworks.free.fr/crbst_201.html

1 Like

Hello

Given the shape of the piece, I am still very surprised that there is not the desired plan.

Well otherwise as explained ac cobra 427, just select a plane (which is in the right direction) and the axis and roll.

Hello

You have an example in the attachment, you just have to select your temporary axis of the part and validate, you will have your plan at the level of your axis.

sans_titre.jpg
1 Like

Before creating your plan, I advise you to display your plans (front, top and bottom) to check that a plan does not pass through your axis.

Otherwise, as said before, just by selecting your axis you can make a plane (the constraint coincides with your axis is enough to make the throat).

1 Like

Hello 

See the attached video.

may the force be with you.

gorge.wmv

Thank you OBI WAN, that's exactly what I wanted to do