Plane on a cylinder

Hello everyone and best wishes for 2014

On Solidworks, I would like to create a reference surface (a plane) on a cylinder, but I can't do it because it asks me for several references, a first one that must be tangent and it's after that that it gets stuck.

Thank you for your answers.

To create a plane tangent to a cylinder, select the cylindrical face and a plane passing through the axis of the cylinder.

By default, it will create a plane that is tangent to the cylinder and perpendicular to the selected plane.

4 Likes

To complete the project, it is possible to select a rounded face, as well as a basic plan (front plane, right plane, etc.) and that's enough.

Good luck

I always have a mistake on the references.

Here's a screenshot of my screen.

capture.jpg

Select the 2 entities mentioned in the previous answers with the CTRL key (multi-select)

You also have to select a top-down-under-face plane that goes through your axis of your cylindrical piece as we say the messages above.

That's okay, I created a plane in relation to the axis of my part and then a plane parallel to it.

Thank you for your answers.

Hello

You can find in the image below how to create a tangent plane. Good continuation.

plan_tangent.png

Hello

@SebastiebSxs why create a plane at the axis of the room, was the part not built in relation to the already existing planes, namely Face Dessus Droite?

In this case, there is no need to create a new plan, simply select one of the three existing planes by default in SolidWorks (to do this, look at @echaumet image)

@+