Solidworks 2018 SP5 crash

Hello

When saving assembly in solidworks 2018 SP5, the software crashes, impossible to continue, I turn it off via the task manager. I have also noticed that the reconstruction time is excessively long. I specify that my assembly is light (crash as soon as the 2nd part is added...).

My PC is new:

i7-8750H 2.20Ghz processor

16GB RAM

Intel UHD graphics 630 and NVidia Quadro P2000 graphics cards (crashes qq the card)

Thank you for your answers

Julian

Hello Julien

Can you post your assembly (with take-away composition or pack and go since you're in SW 2018)

I would rather bet on a corrupted file. I guess you only have one SW assignment open (check because it crashes every time)

SW has a very high reliability and it is quite rare that it waffles and if it was the graphics card it would not crash SW which uses it very little, especially on a small assembly.

Kind regards

I do it as soon as I can (indeed I'm installing a 2018 SP1). in the meantime I went back to everything in 2017 via the STEP format, fortunately I didn't have many files.... It works perfectly.

I recreated the assembly several times in 2018, so weird that the file is corrupted each time, right?

Julian

It's not that weird because it's not known which part of the file is corrupted. It can be a part file that is causing a stir or a simple constraint. Or some kind of link between the files and the ASM.

When a file is corrupted (you still need to know which one) it can put you in the wrong place for a while.

If your ASM is not too complicated, try to do it again but gradually by subtraction.

When this happens to me I remove one by one the parts or s/s together with backup between each manip until I find the culprit.

When it doesn't work then it's a guaranteed fart :-)

Kind regards