Bend my 2 paws inwards

I would like to contact you in order to have a solution for the modeling of a part in 3D.

I want to fold the 2 legs of the U-shape inwards so that these 2 legs form a Ø 1.

You will find attached the Solidworks format part.

Thank you in advance for the solution(s) you will bring me, for my part I am also working on the subject.

1208_pp_009_-_rep_1_-_piece_pliee_cryla_1.sldprt

Hello@hamza

The only solution I can see is to remove the two legs as you made them.

Then give the folded shape using the Boss/Smooth Base function and then make a symmetry. So as not to get schmurtss to do the second.

This implies three things:

1.  Whether you make all-stroke profiles of mm each on a plane oriented according to the bending angle.
  2. That you make at least two guide curves (I think that in your case it may be 4 guide curves) to drive your smoothed boss.
  3. that you do not demand a result that conforms to reality. Indeed, this type of bending that occurs on a leg that is already concave will cause creep deformations on the outer edges and also outside the elastic domain. We are clearly in a stamping technique. That said, as your sheet metal is 0.2 mm, it shouldn't change much compared to reality: but still. I think that the most important thing is that once folded you have dimensions to give for the manufacture or especially for the crimping tool: if I have understood correctly what your part will be used for.

Kind regards

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, I'll try your solution.

Hello

I answer you tonight with a coin because I think I have found a solution. Now I went to 2020 and I have 2016 at home.

Thank you, I'm waiting for your solution:)

Hello

Here's what I managed to do. You will have to adapt it to your ribs. 

ac_cobra_1208_pp_009_-_rep_1_-_piece_pliee_cryla_1.sldprt
1 Like

It's done :,-)

Hello

The folding of the legs in the ferrule was not possible.

Cut the legs separately and then bring them back and weld them.

To perform the bending after rolling of the 5 mm thick sheet, it is necessary to remove material to clear the lug and thus create a predictive bend (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pYvcQA-vAQ0).

Patrice.

Good evening @Ac cobra

An eightfold bravo!  ;-) and I would even say an eightfold bravo!

What a mastery and in addition very very clever, especially with Surface-dépliage.

Thank you for the lesson ;-) and respect!

Kind regards

Hello @cept-up

Ben! Uh! the sheet metal is 0.2 mm     ;-) and the height 4.05 mm.

It bends on the knees in a way ;-)

Kind regards

@Ac cobra great thank you so much I'm going to take inspiration from your piece.

Hello @Hamza.gedik

You can close your topic and above all designate the person who provided you with the best solution in your opinion.

Kind regards

2 Likes

obviously it has always been so complicated to choose the right solution^^

2 Likes

Hello @Fuz3D and apologies to @Ac cobra

Indeed, between those who never close their topic and those who don't put the right contributor we are not spoiled;-)  ;-)

But it's my fault because I wrote """ especially designate the person who provided you with the best solution ""

Kind regards

1 Like