MEP weight

Oh that!!!

Practice makes perfect;)

1 Like

For the moment, being already with a big asm, I can't try your framework.

But just by opening it with totocad, I understand your misfortune. And I believe that patience will indeed be your best friend on this one.

For step/iges/sat, I don't really have rules. Depending on the model, the generator software, you will have more or errors, by necessarily in the same place.

In this kind of case, if I can, I ask the file provider for the maximum format and I make my sauce.

1 Like

Yes, I also usually do that but here, I struggled to get the framework in 3D, at the beginning, the Structural Work lot didn't want to provide 3D because they are pro-autocad (2D) and they don't master 3D... After the MO insisted, they recruited a service provider to come up with this framework and their service provider did not master the export formats, I did not manage to get another format... Usually, I prefer the step or the sat, which are faster and with fewer bugs than the dwg... But here, there is no choice...

Well, I'm going to put Bart in the best answer because I had indeed forgotten to reduce the performance to the max and even if it rows, rows, trains, (and I no longer draw circular but octagonal ducts) it's better than before...

Thank you all for your answers!

1 Like

Indeed, the model is very rotten. It wasn't complicated to correct but it would have been long, very long.

I wonder what it was modeled on, even the autocad file seems to me not to be clean.

2 Likes

@Stefbeno

If you were able to clean the file (as you say it was very rotten)

Is it possible to transfer (or post it on the thread) clean to him so that he can rework his file

and optimize your needs

A big thank you

@+ ;-))

3 Likes

@GT22, unfortunately not, otherwise I would have gladly done it.

But as I said, it takes a long time to do it, which I don't have right now.

There are only about 200 files to be recovered. The correction consists of creating flat faces to fill the holes, sewing them to the existing faces to obtain a volume...

1 Like

Hello

Could you give us the number of components of your assembly?

You can do this with AssemblyXpert (Alt+X).

When there are many components in an assembly, even if the computation time of each component is low, it generates high latency.

The solution I use is to put all the PRTs with the blocking bar. Tools->Option->General-> enable the block bar. This reduces the opening and registration time enormously. The trade-off, which is not for me, is that to modify the PRT you have to raise the blocking bar.

Thank you for your answer @ Stefbeno

so conclusion we don't know with which log it was done, it's rotten, ;-((

Question How do I know what log it was made with?

is it via Datakit that our friend @Félix represents here

there would be possibilities, a question to ask him

I know it's possible to do a free trial

so @Joss tries via MP to contact @Felix see  (members tab to get Datakit as a trial)

you never know it might work; '-(

in any case thank you for everything

@+ ;-))

Hello, so, I managed to get out the few MEPs I needed quickly and I left the project aside, due to lack of time this week... To answer s.leiato, the blocking bar has already been offered to me several times unfortunately, in this assembly, and only in this assembly, the blocking bar does not work, it does not even appear, despite the option checked...

@gt22, the framework was made with Autocad, that's for sure, the structural work that provided me with this building only works with this (this thing)...

In any case, thank you for your involvement;)

2 Likes