Weight and time opening plan since passage solidworks 2021

Hello

Since the switch to Solidworks 2021, the times and sizes of the plans have increased and I can't figure out why and how to relieve.

An example, my colleague had a plan made in solidworks 2020 weighing 70MB; he opened it yesterday on solidworks 2021, he just moved a note to be able to save a ''change'' and now the plan is 184MB.

One of my plans is 102MB and takes 22min to save and the opening I don't even talk about it and you can't see if Solidworks is frozen or working and its progress, you have to look in the task manager to see that the processor is working.

I don't know what to do to get back to the "speed" of before, can you help me? (no "tricks" such as creating parts of the assemblies and replacing, it worked very well before and we do 3D design with necessary assembly update)

Regards.

Hello Moumousse,

Same for the 2020 version, and no solution for the moment, just I work with two pcs. (PC of a colleague who is available)...

Good luck.

@+.

AR.

By putting assemblies (it's up to you to choose the least restrictive, those that will move less in design) on ''Set solved parts to lightened'' the opening and saving of the plans is faster on the other hand the size in MB does not move too much it is still quite heavy I think.

To do this, you open your assembly and you right-click on it and choose "Set solved parts to lightened".

Hello Moumousse,

Apparently, it works if you redesign in 2021 version, to check, I'm in 2020.

@+.

AR. 

Hello, As @theo.cuadrado says in this topic, you have to uncheck the line in  Options > Drawing / Performance and uncheck "Include skin mode data when saving", (appeared in 2020 SP4.0).

It seems that it works much better without it. Not yet tested for me but one of my colleagues confirmed that it was faster.

To be tested for confirmation on your part.

1 Like

@Moumousse

Hello

What version were you under before?

I invite you to share your experience of SW21 on this post

https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/sw-2021-mieux-que-2020

May the force be with you.

2 Likes

Good evening 

More info on which option is responsible for this behavior: 

Good night

fp-solidworks-donnees_du_mode_habillage.pdf
1 Like

For the moment, the big time saver is my "Adjust solved parts to lightened ones" manipulation. Open the 3D, change the assemblies you want to lighten and open your plan.

I went from 22min of opening to 5min for my plan and the recordings are also faster. The size of the plan remains because it's only graphic visuals that Solidworks doesn't load, so everything is still there but not in memory.