Benchmarks

@gt22, at the risk of throwing oil on the fire...

@Alexandre.thellier talked to us from the beginning about reference points on sketch points, so reference geometries, to end up having as many reference points in the Feature Manager as there are points in a sketch.

So it is indeed a reference point and not a reference of points (coordinates)!

This being perhaps unravelled (at least I hope, eh? ;-) ) I grant you that it's confusing to have a precise question, using the right terms, when others have neither head nor tail and are full of spelling mistakes!

2 Likes

@ Benoit  ;-)

@+ ;-)

To conclude:

1: You can't quickly put Datum Points on sketch points using a solidworks feature. You have to go through a macro.

2: Thanks to your remarks I was able to use the IGES record by checking the option extract sketch entities and realize that Femap NX Nastran did not import these entities or that they did not find how.

3: The trick used is to create a small square surface whose center is one of the points of the sketch and then we repeat this surface with the repeat function driven by a sketch. We will therefore have all the locations of the floats and Nastran will be able to automatically recreate the points in the center of the small areas.

Thank you again for your responsiveness and your participation even if sometimes the answers deviate slightly from the initial subject .... eh, gt22 ;-)

1 Like