Position of the dimensions on creo

Hello

I am confornted to a concern of the positioning of the dimensions in the drawing of a part in Creo. On a detail view, the dimensions from the 3D are displayed on the side of the axis of revolution which does not suit me.

See the attached file, the 5° corner dimensions appear "at the bottom" on my view while I want them on the "above" side

How do I get them to the top side, which is more readable in my opinion?

Kind regards

position_cote.jpg

Hello

So in this case I delete the dimensions and I put them myself in the right place with the tool to place a dimension by hand.

Thomas

1 Like

Hello

I don't know this software but it's not possible to move them like that in order to position them anywhere like in most software?

Hello

I think Tomalam is right. Unless you can use "edit attachments" to select the edges you're interested in, but I'm not sure if this command is available for dimensions imported from the 3D.

1 Like

Hello

In this case, you have created on the 3D the dimensions of 5° on the other side of the axis and I don't know any way to move the dimension in drawing.

You can choose between:

1. Delete dimensions in the drawing and redo them (in 2d dimension)

2. Display the bottom of the room in your detail instead of the top

3. Flip your piece over in the drawing so that the bottom is on top

4. Go back to the 3d sketch to rebuild the dimensions in the right place

I hope I was able to help you.

ps: it would be nice to know how you do it in this case on Solidworks, just to compare small details of the software...

S.B

1 Like