Spiral Position

Hello 

I am trying to model a removal of matter on a spiral trajectory. This part was made on pro/E and I don't find the same geometry when I superimpose the 2 models. Moreover, on SW I don't know how to position a siprale start by a sketch point and not by an angle. 

For your information, the spiral or rather the ramp because it is really the desired function is given on a flat travel of 20° with a pitch of 90mm on a diameter of 74.2 mm

When I perform a scan or other function, I have the surface of the background which is broken down into 3 surfaces, whereas on the pro/E export model, I have only one surface (green face in the PJ). This is also why my modeling seems incorrect to me. 

I attached my beginning of modeling and the pro/E export to this question. I've been racking my brains for several days modeling this ramp using different functions and it's a failure. However, on paper it seems simple...  

rampe.sldprt

Hello

Do you have the Pro/E file (not the export) so that I can see how it was built?

S.B

Sorry, I don't have it. I just have a file with a dead body. 

1- By using the winding/deembossing function, you get a single surface at the bottom.

2- Using curve projection / sketch / sketch, you should be able to get your 3d contour and then remove material /translate from your surface.

3- And on your model, by adding a conger on your scan sketch, you should no longer have a surface break.

1 Like

I tried this function but it doesn't seem to work. See PJ.

rampe.sldprt

Here is with the winding function.

Rq: the sketch plan (here face) is not judicious. A 45° plan would have been better. We just have to recalculate the angles with respect to this plane. insert them into the equations (in radians) to recalculate the developed lengths.

Rq2: which version are you in? The ex is in 2015.

2015-07-27__test_rampe.sldprt
1 Like

Here is the preview of the play.

And also with your ramp 2 (hidden Boss-Extru.1 piece).

2015-07-27__test_rampe.zip
1 Like

I'm under 2014. :-((( I'm green I can't open your file

Can make me a screen print of your sketch under the winding function because I can't do it. In any case the result seems to work given the lag you get 

Here is the example again in SW2013.

(I don't have SW14 installed... sorry). You have to check the other sides too, because I didn't have your model open (since sw14).

2015-07-27__test_rampe_-3__sw13.sldprt
1 Like

Brilliant your setting with the winding function.

I have one last detail when I measure the normal distance between the 2 ramps, I find 6.39 and not 6.5. 

mesure_1.png

I just looked at your model: there is 6.1mm between these surfaces.

What do you want to achieve next?

And maybe you have to go through another method...

2015-07-27__rampe_distance.jpg

I have to close

An option that has not been mentioned: volume scanning.