Ability for solidworks to recreate functions from a step file

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible for Solidworks to recreate the basic functions of the parts of an assembly from a step file, so that we can later modify them.

FeatureWork recognizes my parts as volume size, so it is impossible for me to modify these parts.

Thank you, have a good day

At the very least, it would be necessary to import each independent part in volume 

convert these said parts

and recreate your assembly 

@+

2 Likes

I only have the Step file of the assembly, it's a hood that is imported to me in volume and not in sheet metal, otherwise I could also manually switch to sheet metal with the convert to sheet metal function, but it is not available on a volume body, No?

hotte_extraction.stp

Hello

This is the kind of thing we do every day with customer files.

1 - saves the STEP file and at the same time save the parts separately (as @gt22 said), SW does it by itself.

2- do a function recognition on each of the parts using the sheet metal option of the FeatureWorks (I just tested: it works), I also advise you to set its option to "overwrite the existing file" (right click on featurework->option)

3- Your assembly is not constrained, when it opens it takes all your parts with the functions, you just have to add the constraints as needed.

Kind regards.

4 Likes

You need the files that are independent of each other

therefore

1 piece = 1 file 

2 pieces = 2 files

etc....

@+

Thank you @gt22 @a.eriaud I understood that you had to save in several different files ^^.

I succeeded by tinkering a little, I had to dissolve the function in my assembly, then my parts became modifiable.

Thank you for your time!

1 Like

If you have managed to find the answer to your problem 

Just close the question by specifying via a click on the answer that allowed you to solve this problem 

@+

2 Likes

The problem of dissolution is related to the 3D Interconnect option (in the system options import section).
I systematically disable it otherwise, instead of doing the conversion it imports the file as a function keeping the original file in link.

2 Likes