For simulation pros

Hello

Today I am interested in the simulation modules of Solidworks.

I have a plastered tube that goes down into a volume of water and into which I blow air. 

I would like to know and have my sight, where the air goes first, and if it goes all the way to the bottom of my tube.

Is it feasible with FlowSimulation Xpress? (I don't think so)

And if not with the full version? Or something else?

Thank you all!

1 Like

Your question is not very clear, a screen print would be welcome

you have a tube equipped with a strainer that is in water

therefore

you have water in the tube and in practice at the same level as the water height outside

then you inject air into this tube against the direction of the water

so you slightly increase the pressure in this tube (water and air leakage via the strainer)

air being lighter than water

in theory you should at some point have no more water or at least have very little water in this tube

What is the purpose of your manipe?

explanations please

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Take a butagaz tank but with water at 70% of the height, pass a tube of diameter 60.3 inside from the top. Make 4-row and almost full-length holes (the part in the water) on this "dip tube". 

How to simulate the air that enters the water of this cistern?

1 Like

Hello

The airflow will be greater at the holes closest to the surface. This is due to the water pressure (and therefore the resistance of the water) which increases with depth.

4 Likes

Simulation is cool, so is experience!

Can't do a test in a transparent bin? I am a fan of simulation and experimentation

Kind regards

4 Likes

Hello

Unfortunately I can't do any experiments.

My goal would be to have a simulation with Solidworks that shows me how high the air "pushes" in the pipe and also the flow rates in each pass.

Thank you for your answers.

1 Like

as @ Raimanu says

air will come out of the upper holes

if the holes have the same diameter due to the effect of the water pressure and the fact that the air is lighter than the water and depending on the injection pressure of the will bubble up to the right of the holes

which of + is with a diameter of 60.3 the airflow must surely be important

What is the purpose of your manipe ?

a gas tank filled with 70% water what is the volume of your tank length / diameter

Your tube plength with holes diameter of the holes space between the holes how many holes per level

airflow, air pressure

your tank must  have an open air vent otherwise BOOM

make a diagram, post screenshots etc............

@+ ;-)

Air is lazy it will come out via your first holes in + via your section of the tube

(hello the flow ;-( )

Your tube will never be empty of water and full of air even at the right of the first holes

@+ ;-)

already tests your water/water simulate via temperatures #

you will already be able to visualize what is happening via different densities

you incorporate water at 80 ° into water at 20 °

you will have a visual that will already give you colors via the direction of the flows :-)

@+ ;-)

Hello

Unfortunately FlowSimulation will not handle this kind of study because there is a mixture of the two fluids (air and water). Flow only handles studies with separate fluids in separate fluidic domains.

@+

3 Likes

Hello

To answer the question: no, even with the full version I have doubts

You have to turn to software such as Fluent, Comsol or OpenFOAM. The easiest way is to do a real test.

2 Likes