Why is the exported Stl decreasing in scale?

The stl decreases in dimension by about x3, after exporting it.
The file is wobbly, after a well-constrained revolution and a fusion of it with a rehearsal that contains 180 bodies.
These have been weakened.
After the revolution with fusion of the results, the volume body is indeed unique but I see the line of the revolution in the image shaded with edge,
whereas it should be merged into the visual as well. 
Sorry I can't broadcast the object in picture.
Any idea?

Hello

Look at the xport options of your STL file and check that the document and export units are the same (and not mm and inch for example which would explain the difference in size)

For the merge problems, have you merged the different bodies in Solidworks before exporting,

Otherwise not easy to explain without seeing the problem.

EDIT: for the document units you see them at the bottom right of the window or in Tools\Options\Document Properties/Units

3 Likes

For the dimension problem, I think like @sbadenis a simple unit problem (your coef must be closer to 2.54 than to 3).

For the "edge" that remains visible, it's the problem of the entities of revolution (there are software programs that make it appear systematically, or even that make 2 of them appear located at 180°) but it's not because it appears on a shading that it will be sensitive to printing.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, I just saw my mistake. Due to the end of the day...! : )

The value I was looking at to adjust my diameter was a length and not a diameter with the measuring tools.
My scaling was poorly adjusted.

Have a good day to you

1 Like