Can you help me with the design of a machine?

Did you get an answer that solved your problem 

If it's not the case you continue and don't close your question

If this is the case you close your question by checking this answer solved my problem once I chose the desired answer

and nothing prevents you from opening another question to refine your search or develop your problem

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

I've finished the sketch, if you have time to take a look and tell me what you think! Thank you

croquis_mep.jpg

It's a good start.
A chassis is missing.
Indicates the values of the strokes, the dimensions of the part (minimum maxi if possible)

You already plan a sliding hood, it's one option among others, be careful not to block yourself by already choosing technological solutions at this level of the project without there being anything that imposes it.

Normally, each element indicated on this diagram should give rise to its own diagram...

Imagine that you are writing this document for someone who does not know the file and who will have to do the study.

1 Like

Question How do you perpendiculally drill your part?

But it's a good start as our friend @ stefbeno says

@+ ;-)

1 Like

For the values of the room or any other side I wait to have the final plan, it saves me from wasting time.

For the sliding cover: okay but anyway you're going to need something to protect from possible splinters during machining, right?

I didn't make the plan of the rooms because the dimensions were not representative of the final project I told myself that it was useless for the moment, but indeed once finished I would do the plan piece by piece.

@gt22 the machine is only intended to remove axes, so I don't need to drill perpendicularly 

You have to indicate the restrictive dimensions (your machined part, possible size limits, ergonomics), even if it evolves it will (normally) remain in the same order of magnitude. You indicate in your document that you base yourself on such and such a plan (number, index, date). The cost and cadence objectives must appear. If something changes, your specifications will evolve, it may happen that you have to start your detailed design when you don't have a final plan yet...

For the hood, it's sure that you'll need one. But choosing from the outset that it slides horizontally along the machine axis is not necessarily appropriate. This is an example of what I meant when I said that each element of this schema was going to generate one (schematic).

In other words, you will have to deal with each of the functions by making a diagram with several possible solutions before even making the plan of the rooms.

I can't do without you specifications as I receive from my customers. But I (very quickly) made an excerpt that can be distributed to give you an idea of the sections that can be found there (including a history of versions...).

cahier_des_charges_outil_pressage_clavier.docx
2 Likes

@Stefbeno,

Very well I will leave the sliding hood for the moment, I will take care of the chassis as said before, make the plan of each room, note the max and mini dimensions, and improve my specifications, by the way thank you for taking the time to make me an extract of one of yours.

The chassis, like the enclosure, comes last in the design process: as long as you don't know what attaches to it (or what you need to protect), you can't do anything.

The individual plan of the rooms will come when you have a design that fits (unless you call the plan of the room, which needs to be changed). In a design process, we have, in order: the specifications, the design, the plans (of details and assembly).

Try to concentrate on the design of the different movements: rotation and clamping of the workpiece, movements of the tool (feed and material pick-up).

About the tool, will the machining be done in one pass or in several passes, fast tool or carbide (you will have to determine the cutting force to define the motor), there is an overabundance of length dimensions, what precision is needed on the Ø10, what surface condition?

1 Like

I am not able to tell you if the machining will be in one or more passes, for the motor knowing that I have planned a mandrel of 5 mini diameter and 2900 rpm I have planned a 3000 rpm three-phase motor of 400V (this choice may be quick but that's what I'm thinking about for the moment).

And I don't know the difference between a fast and carbide tool, so I can't say for the moment.

Just to be sure, the plan I shared yesterday matches? I mean, even if there are still many flaws, I can still rely on this diagram for the future?

Hello

Filming cannot be improvised.

You have cutting conditions to respect depending on the material, the cutting tools, the advance of the tool and the pass socket, the aronage or not.

The rotation speed of the mandrel will depend on all this data. You must have learned the basics at school.

Otherwise the guys in the workshop should be able to help you.

S.B

ps: Be careful when you hang your dimensions on your plans. Looking more closely at the room plan, the rating of 46 is not good. It is hung on the chamfer.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I didn't do much workshop, and the little I did seemed useless to me, at the time I didn't imagine that this apprenticeship would be useful to me, I still remembered some things but nothing very convincing.

I'm going to consult the guys in the workshop, I think it's better like it.

Indeed, mistake on my part for the "46" climb, I'll think about it, I had to go too fast, thank you for this correction.

The aim of the workshop at school is not to learn all  the formulas by heart but to remember the principles and to know what is possible with the different means of production.

http://robert.cireddu.free.fr/Ressources/Prod/Couple%20outil-piece.pdf

It's impressive how many people don't think about strawberry shelves when designing.

S.B

1 Like

Thank you sb for this "course" it should help me

I rethought an option that I had forgotten, I have to find a way to tighten the axle in order to stabilize it when starting the mandrel.

I was thinking of two adjustable tyals to come and caller the axis in the middle but a college gave me this option I find better thought out and less complicated to achieve. What do you think?

Of course its still of the "sketch" I did it quite quickly to see if the option was possible.

croquis.png

a link for the subject

http://passion-usinages.forumgratuit.org/t548-mini-tour-sur-base-d-un-rail-thk-shw27

2 Likes

Hello

Your "stabilizer" already exists, it's called a scope.

The ideal is to tighten the chuck as close as possible to the area to be machined.

As you make a special machine and given the length of the parts, personally, I would leave the shaft fixed and rotate the tool.

I prefer to set the smallest pieces in motion.

S.B

1 Like