Catia Assembly Problem

Good evening everyone,

I duplicated previously created parts in a new folder in order to make an assembly according to the so-called "bottom-up" method. When I wanted to insert the parts, the washer, in the new assembly one of the parts is no longer in the right place.  I inserted a screenshot to illustrate.

Kind regards.

errpiecesdupliques.png

Hello.

Have you activated the display of assembly constraints?

You use a skeleton to build the parts, you must have at least fixed each component of the CATProduct, especially the skeleton.

On one of your previous post-message-derror-projection-3d  we can see in the attached image that curves 1 to 9 are isolated, if they come from the skeleton it's not the right method!.

1. All components must be attached.
  2. The option to keep the link enabled.
  3. The Create Items Without History command disabled

The creation of the profiles of each part in the skeleton (based on the image) must be organized, named, published, and then copy/pasted with link in the respective CATPart. "which is not the case in your files, there should be a blue symbol on the CATpart" 

Without your files I can't tell you exactly what is happening.

Moved CATPart in the assembly.

Broken or non-existent links

Bad sketching constraints.

etc...

1 Like

Hello

Assembly constraints are enabled. I have attached a screenshot. Curves 1 to 9 are the result of a projection of  the 3D elements of the closed contour of the necklace obtained from the sketch. I may have made a mistake but I was following the instructions provided for the design of the part. Can I attach the corresponding pdf and the files  if they can be useful to you?

Otherwise I just made the recommended  changes (the three points) and for now the problem remains the same.

Kind regards.

contraintes.png

Yes it will help either to find the PB or to show you one of the methods.

For CATIA files I'm in V5-6R2017 (in R27). if you have a Superior version

You can use the "DownwardCompatibility" utility under tools/utilities

or take a Step from the assembly

I think we have the same version. I have attached all the information and files in attachment.

Thank you.

collier_serrage.rar

You're in R20 Sp0 so I can read but you won't be able to read mine again.

On the screenshot I show you from my point of view, the first error not fixing the components in space and the second not being associative

I just moved the puck with the compass and as you can see it followed.

What proves that the skeleton does not drive the parts is copy/paste at a non-associative point in time.

If at least every component had been fixed (the anchor), the washer would not be able to move freely.

I would need time to analyze the tutorial (pdf file).

Just after a very quick and diagonal reading I don't see where he wants to go, or what he wants to teach.

CATIA's learning pedagogical objective is not clearly described?

We know how to do + simple, and above all + productive (modifications) with CATIA V5.

The final goal is to assemble the part and then make a finite element analysis of it. 

Hello

Decidedly this software gives me all the troubles. I can't display the toolbar that contains the anvil. However I tested all the display settings of the toolbar,  I entered the customization of the toolbar to do a "restore contents" "restore positions" without success. Finally I entered the add commands menu and when I want to add the constraint or another command for that matter I receive the error message put in PC.

barreoutilserr.png

Hello on your screenshot you are not on the right workshop you have to be active in Assembly design

Good evening
I would like to share with you our channel which contains   tutorials on the leading software dedicated to engineering and design 
the most widely used in the CATIA world.
If you like, then smooth us a simple blue thumbs below the videos, don't forget to subscribe to our channel to receive the new videos.

PS: I am waiting for your comments and suggestions 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjErSIGEneWY-60y7uwq0dg