Solidworks Network Prerequisites

Hi all

Who could provide me with a document where the speed of a computer network between a workstation and a server is specified for solidworks

Are there any prerequisites "like graphics cards" for network speed, (it's logical that a gigabyte network will be better than a 100mbit/s)

Thank you in advance

PAUTET Christophe

Hello

Look on this link, if it can help you.

I don't know about the network but for the graphics card it's marked at the address below:

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/SystemRequirements.html

1 Like

Hi, no prerequisites for the network as far as I know, it mainly impacts the opening time and the backup time. Even with a rotten network it will work it will just take longer to open. Which is not quite the same for a graphics card, if it is not compatible, in some cases it will not work at all.

As you say, a gigabit network is preferable, if you start opening assemblies with more than 2000 components. At home, for every ten workstations we have a server with two gigabit cards, which allows us to work comfortably even if we are far from the performance of the local.

One last piece of advice, to work from the network, we have become accustomed to opening assemblies with all internal parts in read-only mode. It avoids conflicts between colleagues on the one hand, but you gain a little on the save because a read-only part is not taken into account.

Luc

3 Likes

Hi, At the same time if the network is at 100 Gigabit and the hard disks of the servers are 5400rpm it won't help.

Personally I recommend the SSD or 15000rpm disc used for solidworks data. The accounting for excel works very well with the 5400....

of course it is preferable to have a server with sata 6Gb connections in addition to the 3Gb on the current model (there is a story of 6Gb color in Red but the black and blue I don't know who is which)